Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's a lovely ring! So many lovely colors in that abalone!

Comment

• OOOO, nice!

Comment

• Thank you, hanadama, amti, Sun, and BWeaves! It's my first abalone pearl piece and I was so psyched when I found it because I L-O-V-E arts and crafts jewelry. Shout out to MaeJean Vintage on Etsy; they were great to work with
        Check out my jewelry here

Comment

• OMG this is gorgeous MSC!!! Forget those silly little unicorns and their starbucks...this is WAY BETTER!
          http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
          Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• Fabulous ring MSC!!!
            Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• MSC--I love the abalone pearl!! So pretty. The setting has the pink and green gold that you see in Black Hills gold jewelry. I have a soft spot for that having grown up in the Dakotas. Love it!!

Comment

• Oh very cool ! I'm not that familiar with the Arts and Crafts jewellery and therefore had no idea that they mixed green and rose gold etc . Interesting. That pearl is so beautiful ! Good find !
                https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• Gorgeous. It looks really pretty.

Comment

• Thank you, Jersey, Cathy, PW, Kat and Kalmen!

PW - the green and rose gold and leaf styling instantly reminded me of Black Hills gold too! It's too bad the piece is unmarked, so no telling where it was made within the US.

Comment

• Newly completed Pteria sterna necklace! I used a 1.2mm rose gold ball chain and wire wrapped tiny P. sterna pearls using gold-filled wire (I'll have to redo this in the future since the chain is solid gold). This was meant to be a design test since I only had gold-filled wire on hand, but I ended up really liking it a whole lot. I hammered each head pin and then smoothed out the planished ends to remove all of the sharp bits from hammering. Definitely a tedious process. I made the eyes small enough that they cannot move out of place, but are free to rotate within their station. This was also tedious. All that said, I love the extra flash the planished ends bring and overall it's boho feel. I'll probably give it a year or 2 before bothering to redo with gold wire - my hands need time to recover!
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4480.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	154.6 KB
ID:	375896
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4705.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	375897

Comment

• MSC, that is so lovely I teared up a little. Thanks for sharing the process, amazing!!
                        Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

• It's absolutely gorgeous. And boy what an effort! It is a beauty

Comment

• MSC, I love love love that necklace. It's beautiful. All your hard work was worth it. It turned out great.

Comment

• A labor of love indeed, MSC ... so so lovely! The hammered ends are wonderful!
                              Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• Oh, MSC! That punches many buttons for gorgeousness. Special, indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X