Freshadama vs AAA

Blossy

I am thinking of switching out Freshadama for AAA quality for the bracelet in the 4 piece set I'm hoping to buy (strand, bracelet, studs and Leverback earrings).

I was sent a quote from Pearl Paradise, and after the 20% discount my preferred set is a small amount over my limit (need to say below the threshold for import taxes in Australia).

But if I buy while the sale is on and switch for a AAA braceket (which are on sale right now) i can just scrape under that limit.

What do you think? Will it matter that one piece is a different quality? Would it still look like a matched set?

I don't think people would notice the difference. There's quite a ways from neck to wrist most of the time.

- Karin

I don't think it would matter, and don't forget that the bracelet will get bumped around more than a necklace. (IOW in time it will get marred a bit anyway.)

You could consider changing the earrings to AAA. Don't forget Freshadama strands are made of earring grade pearls-- so I would think the AAA earrings are not going to be much different from the Freshadama earrings-- since they are already earring grade.

Last edited:
Thanks ladies.... I'm thinking about it. One thing is certain, I'm doing this soon, before the 20% off code runs out!

The other option would be to do 2 orders. That way customs sees with each order that it is under the threshold. But I agree that AAA would be fine for a bracelet.

Naria I'm toying with that too. I need a custom link set up as my lengths aren't standard and that won't happen until next week, and I've emailed asking about splitting over two invoices.

I still think I want the Freshadama if possible. Mostly so I can have the option of lengthening my strand in future as I age.

Back