Freshwater overtone and colour request

MrsLlante

New Friend
I am wanting to buy some pearls and I can't afford any of the signature range at the moment. I have been waiting for too long and I have decided I'm happy with a AAA set. I was originally going to get a Freshadama or elite necklace and add the other pieces later.

Anyway, I was hoping someone would be kind enough to share with me a picture of worn pearls in a peach, white with silver overtone and white with rose overtone (if this is possible in freshwater). I've just been through 3 pages of "Show us your pearls" and tried searching but nothing came up with worn. As this is going to be 'the' purchase I wanted to make sure I did it right. I am sure I will love to get more, but with 2 kids, a house being built and owning a business, I won't be able to get pearls again for a while.

I am just not sure if I should get white or coloured... Would someone just tell me what to do :rolleyes:

Thank you x

I'd get white if you don't have a classic strand already. That's what I'm planning on doing - also waiting to see what the Mother's Day sales offer before I pull the trigger...

Haha yes, I'm getting my hinting on for my husband. I was supposed to get pearls 2 years ago but the money I had set aside got vacuumed into other things...

I bought white pearls with silver rose overtones (Freshadama). But everyone's skin tones are different and what looks good on me may not look good on you. e.g. My skin has pink undertones and pink/lavender pearls don't look as good on me as the warmer colors do. If possible try out differently colored pearls in shops before ordering online to see how they look on your skin.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome
You might find that peach wash out on your skin unless it is very dark in tone - it's the yellow on the yellow which does it. Consider lavender instead if you want colour as the blue makes the colour stand out against paler skins.
You might also check out Pearl Perfection in Jewellery shops - the owner is a long standing member here so the pearls will be top quality and her designs are original

another happy buyer of Catherine's pearls. I've had them shipped to me here in California and also to Perth when visiting my in-laws. end her an e-mail if you've got any questions. she's very responsive.

Good thoughts here. This may be off topic as far as what you want, but just in case, I'll add that personally, I really like opera or rope length. How it looks against my skin doesn't really matter because what is mostly seen is the pearls over my clothes (it seems to me any color looks best against white clothes, btw). As far as bang for the buck, I have freshwater ropes in AA and even A grade. I find that with that many pearls, the less-than-round shape isn't noticeable when I wear them, yet that length is definitely noticed. And, I get to see them too and play with them when I wear them, unlike with the short strands. Are you thinking of something more formal or for everyday? The whites seem to be just about everyone's first purchase, but I hardly wear mine, even though they are my most expensive and highest quality strand. Once I got some color strands, they just didn't seem as interesting in comparison. I like all of the colors, and wear them with anything and everything. I even have dyed blacks and greys, and I am happy with them. Most people don't have a clue about pearls anyway, dyed black freshwaters with peacock overtones are very pretty, in my opinion. But if I could just have one strand and budget was a concern, I would probably get a long AA pink strand. :)

Last edited:
Back