No announcement yet.

First Time Pearl Buyer, Please can you help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sueki - I am just so so impressed by your city strands - don't they look fantastic!! And why have one when you can have two?? Truly they look beautiful on you - I was wondering if yours had arrived yet! Thanks for the pics!

Comment

Hi Sueki,

LOVE the two strands together! I am jealous, so jealous, just fab on you.

Pattye
      so many pearls, so little time

Comment

Elisa,
        I am chuckling at your comment - you are jealous of me for my two strands; I am jealous of you for your figure.
        You look absolutely stunning in that photo. and I'd happily trade both my City strands ( and a couple of Cortez strands, too ) if I could look as good as that.

And thank you Nerida, Pattye and Robin for your comments.
        Elisa is so right - everyone is great on this forum and it is truly a real pick-me-up.

Comment

I love seeing all this interest in the opera length pearls. They look great on you as well, Sueki. I think they are very elegant on a woman.
          John
          Pearls are for everybody...

Comment

GASP !!!!!!!

Lost my breath, you both look gorgeous !

Wow that City Strand is heaven ...

Girls thank you so much for posting photos.

Comment

Sueki -- that was genius to get them strung in different lengths so you could wear them together. Double elegance! I think your neck looks lovely. (At least you have one -- mine seems to be disappearing!)

What a great treat to come home to so many great pearl photos in one night. I can't own them all, but my friends share them with me...

Comment

Elisa,

The clasp on your vintage akoyas is so lovely!!! Thanks for sharing!
                Some days you're the bug. Some days you're the windshield.

Comment

Wow! Beautiful city strands ladies!

Elisa--it's perfectly lovely on you.

Sueki--I love the double strand. Looks so beautiful on you! Perfect choice!

Comment

Another Newbie Question

I love the city strand, especially the double. Gorgeous together. However that's out of my price range right now. I'm considering the 18" Freshadama vs. the 18" Presidential Pearls. I know it's 2 different co's, but do they buy from the same place? Are the pearls about the same quality?
                    Drucilla
                    Romancing the pearl

Comment

Hi Drucilla,

Freshadamas and Presidental pearls probably have the same quality as our vendors have the same demands reg. quality and so on. I do think they buy from different farms though, at least that is what I believe. Perhaps Amanda (Pure Pearls), Jeremy (Pearl Paradise) or Kevin (Pearls of Joy) will answer this question.

Comment

Thanks, Jerin

They both seem to be the "next step up" from the regular freshwaters. ?
                        Drucilla
                        Romancing the pearl

Comment

Well, for our Vendors on the Internet the regular freshwaters would mean AAA-grade, the next step would be Gem quality (no orient but otherwise as the Freshadamas/Presidental pearls) and the last step is the Freshadama/Presidental quality with orient showing... Check the posts for more information...

Comment

Wonderful pictures!

I love seeing the pearls "ON"!!!! Wear them in the best of health and happiness.
                            'O Oysters, come and walk with us!'
                            The Walrus did beseech.

Francesca

Comment

Sueki,

your Citystrands look great on you! I have to look if I have 2 opera lengths I could wear together as well. But I think I have only each of the opera lengths in different colours. What would you think about wearing 2 colours, as for example white and lavender? Would that disturb the overall look?
                              Last edited by jerin; 07-06-2008, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerin View Post
                                Sueki,

your Citystrands look great opn you! I have to look if I have 2 opera lengths I could wear together as well. But I think I have only each of the opera lengths in different colours. What would you think about wearing 2 colours, as for example white and lavender? Would that disturb the overall look?
                                Ooooh, Jerin, you're telepathic !
                                My sole reason for buying one City strand was because I have a 38 inch lavender strand which I wear together with an opera length akoya necklace.
                                The akoyas are old and yellowed, so I thought it'd be nice to have some white pearls to team with the lavenders.
                                But, of course, by the time I'd accessed the PearlParadise site (all of a couple of seconds) I'd decided that two City strands would be even nicer than one......

Comment

Working...
                                X