Purple baroque strand from Kongs Pearl

suchi

Received my strand today. The colors are really dark with green overtones. Overall a nice smaller ripple strand. Vendor pics and my picture(in harsh office lights) il_570xN.1887637161_hcpf.jpgIMG_20190506_123152.jpgIMG_20190506_123152.jpg
It smells a bit fishy. Hopefully it will go away soon.

I will post some better pictures taken in morning light tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thank you Heart :)
Another picture in office lights. Able to capture some color. IMG_20190506_153318.jpg

It looks pretty. Do you like it against your skin?

It looks pretty. Do you like it against your skin?

Thanks BWeaves. Sadly, i havent been able to wear it yet. There's a strong fishy smell, which i hope will go away in a few days.

Suchi,

Your pearls look positively juicy!! Great purple/green combo ~bet you''ll get lots of compliments wearing these!

Thank you Pattye :) I havent been able to capture 20%of the colors that this strand have.

Thats a good size. I had some smelly keshis some months ago. I put them in aceton, but they still smelled (but not that much), then I put the pearls on a plate, vinager essence in a cup in the middle and then put a bowl over them. It took away most of the smell. Some lingered but now it's completely gone. I heard that you could air out the smell to, but it takes a while.

Thanks BWeaves. Sadly, i havent been able to wear it yet. There's a strong fishy smell, which i hope will go away in a few days.

This odor may mean some of the pearls are freshly drilled, keshi, where the bead nucleus has been ejected and some damp organic matter inside needs to dry out. Or a hollow spot can form in the area of the pointy end that may contain some stinky material. You may be able to do a "sniff" test and figure out which pearl or pearls the odor is coming from. The smell can linger on the thread and you might need to restring them. Really, the colors are spectacular! Please don't feel the pearls are defective in any way; you are just purchasing pearls that have been recently harvested.

Beautiful strand Suchi. I find the colors mesmerizing. I was glad to hear from Pattye that the odor will dissipate. Hope you will be wearing them soon.

I bought a strand of the purple/green pearls from Kongs, too, and had to run pull them out of the drawer and sniff them. Luckily, no fishy smell. I haven't worn them yet, but here they are with purple studs from Wendy at Pearlescence.

CE207205-2274-4780-B482-FCA236AFB236.jpeg

This odor may mean some of the pearls are freshly drilled, keshi, where the bead nucleus has been ejected and some damp organic matter inside needs to dry out. Or a hollow spot can form in the area of the pointy end that may contain some stinky material. You may be able to do a "sniff" test and figure out which pearl or pearls the odor is coming from. The smell can linger on the thread and you might need to restring them. Really, the colors are spectacular! Please don't feel the pearls are defective in any way; you are just purchasing pearls that have been recently harvested.

Thank you Pattye. I kept them in the open yesterday and now that smell is mostly gone. I wore the strand today and as a safety measure dabbed some perfume beneath my nose :)

I bought a strand of the purple/green pearls from Kongs, too, and had to run pull them out of the drawer and sniff them. Luckily, no fishy smell. I haven't worn them yet, but here they are with purple studs from Wendy at Pearlescence.

View attachment 66987

Your strand is gorgeous! please post a neckshot. I need a pair of purple studs now. I tried with tahitian studs today but its not looking good.

Back