mikimoto pearl necklaces

ppo

hi.

I want to buy a gift for my wife. I showed the bracelet now I will show the necklace. this is the original?

c20779ab1092.jpg

3f736ad6d6af.jpg

b26a4e72c4d7.jpg

195de6a1cba8.jpg

I've seen clasps very close to this one before; with Mikimoto's (lack of) tracking and openness about the history of their pieces and clasps, it wouldn't surprise me if it's a genuine Mikimoto clasp. I'm not a trained Mikimoto expert, but their clasps tend to have their single pearl on it, of course, and some sort of symmetrical design, often nature-inspired - a leaf motif, for example.

Mikimoto necklace clasps had more tendency to be all over the place. 18k necklace clasps are the more standard option found these days, but I wouldn't think that 14k should be considered a warning sign.

However, to be frank, the pearls on this strand don't look well matched enough for true top Mikimoto quality - perhaps this necklace was an A1 grade, or something from the "branch off" lines like Blue Lagoon or Sea Magic. The pearls certainly don't look bad, but consider how much you're paying for possible Mikimoto here.

I also looked at your bracelet thread. That one I'm more confident about. That blue, lizard-skin patterned box is the standard style for regular Mikimoto items (i.e. not one off pieces) bought from retailers who carry Mikimoto. The bought-direct from Mikimoto boutique store packaging is different from the blue.

In what country did you buy these? Were they marketed as new or vintage or pre- owned? These are not new or from an American market. Your best bet is to send them to Mikimoto for verification. Clasps can be switched out.

It's impossible to judge the quality of the pearls from the photos. We recommend using a white paper towel as background for photos, never black. The box the necklace is in isn't Mikimoto; it appears to be an unmarked bracelet box.

Only the Mikimoto company would be able to authenticate the pearls and clasp.

I agree with Andrew on the condition of the pearls, assuming they are not matched and the coloring is not a result of poor lighting. Something about the shell of the logo looks off to me too.

It looks very similar to my wife's

Attachments

• IMG_2645.jpg
    IMG_2645.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 40
Back