You All See This PP Blog Post???

Love your strands 2thdktr, Purrahna and Battah!!!

Last edited:
I love the excitement from everyone and love all the strands! I want to see the glowing pearls Purrahna! And the longest strand going to Sheri just seems so appropriate! And welcome 2thdktr! I like your strand! I don't remember seeing it before. Love the bottom layout with the rounds and keshis.

I post directly from my Android phone all the time. The key is to be sure you are using the computer version of Pearl-Guide on your phone, and not the phone version, which is the default program. Then, you upload photos from your phone the same as you do from your computer. One trick I use to be sure the photos are always oriented correctly, is I edit my photos on my phone by resizing a bit. Then upload.

Thanks, Red, appreciate the info. I'm sure I'll get there with a few mistakes along the way. I'm not sure how to use the computer version-- I just went into PG via one of my emails about a post and logged in. It does ask me to upload from the computer when I click on the little "tree" and then asked me to go right to my camera, rather than my saved photos in my gallery. So, I took the pics on the spot. I am hopeless when it comes to this tech!!!

Thank you battah, luvglitz and jeg!
Amti- thank you, those keshis are what sold me on this strand instead of the other. They are silver blue with hints of reddish-purple metallic sparkle!

Wow. Just catching up on this fun thread. I'm so happy for all of you that were able to join in the harvest strand party. I'm declaring visitation rights -- at least at the ruckus! Please keep posting photos, especially neck shots. :)

I post directly from my Android phone all the time. The key is to be sure you are using the computer version of Pearl-Guide on your phone, and not the phone version, which is the default program. Then, you upload photos from your phone the same as you do from your computer. One trick I use to be sure the photos are always oriented correctly, is I edit my photos on my phone by resizing a bit. Then upload.

So Red, if I may ask, how does one know they are using the computer version of PG on the phone vs. the phone version? TIA- much appreciate the help.

So Red, if I may ask, how does one know they are using the computer version of PG on the phone vs. the phone version? TIA- much appreciate the help.

Um, the computer version on the phone looks just like it does on your computer, only on the the tiny phone screen. The phone version looks different, and is much simpler with less functionality.

I only know this because last year at the ruckus lilliefuzzysocks was trying to load photos from her cell phone, and we were able to find a switch to change from the cell phone version to the desktop version. After that, she was able to load photos from her cell phone.

Um, the computer version on the phone looks just like it does on your computer, only on the the tiny phone screen. The phone version looks different, and is much simpler with less functionality.

I only know this because last year at the ruckus lilliefuzzysocks was trying to load photos from her cell phone, and we were able to find a switch to change from the cell phone version to the desktop version. After that, she was able to load photos from her cell phone.

Thank you for that, Red- I do believe I have the computer version on the phone then, cause it looks like a mini version. I have been posting pics in another thread using my computer. Your advice to edit right on the phone helped tremendously once I figured out how to do that. So now I take really good 'table' pics. Just need to get that selfie thing down!

You all know the story of the harvest strand itself already in this thread. So the background story of my new tin-cup is that back in 2015, I split a PP 24K GSSP strand from Red with KaySD and it was a wonderfully smooth experience. In 2016, when PP had another GSSP special, a PSer asked me if I am interested in splitting another 24K strand and I said sure why not! I held onto the half strand playing with different projects but was never happy with the design/concept. And when the GSSP harvest strands opportunity came out, I know this is what the half strand GSSP was destined for!

I ordered chains which only arrived yesterday, and I couldn’t wait to finish the wire-wrapping last night after I got home from work. Voila! I will play with more styling tonight with white baroque akoya strands for layering and such. But only had time to try out these few formations this morning before mad dashing out to the office.

View attachment 55059View attachment 55060View attachment 55061View attachment 55062

Strangely I thought I would want the strand to go against cooler color, but paired it up with this neutral to warm palette and quite liked it.
View attachment 55063

Last edited:
Hmm picture seems to be having issues loading in my prior post. Trying again:
IMG_0483-1.jpgIMG_0485-1.jpgIMG_0487-1.jpgIMG_0488-1.jpgIMG_0490.jpg

Oh my, those gorgeous goldens <3 Your harvest rope is to die for, Purr, and I'm a huge fan of Newberry's tin cup stylings so I love how you fixed up your half strand! And the lengths are perfect for layering together. Love it!! I love how the 24k GSSPs pick up the darker golds in the harvest strand. perfect.

Looks fantastic. Is that 14k chain or gold filled? And what size are the links? I've been searching for something like that for a project that's been living in my head forever...probably planted by newberry's tin cup! And the flower elements are a nice touch.

JP the chains are gold-filled! Haha I don't use 14K anything cuz as you know I rework stuff all the time lol. I used the same chain in the Winter Flower Bloom Tin-Cup. The annoying thing is it comes as a chain and not jump rings, so you'd have to cut up links inbetween to get the ovals. But the good thing is you can use 1 or 2 or 3 links or more so give you more options.

I like the flowers when there is NO enhancers and would want more flowers. But when there's enhancers I think I prefer a cleaner look, so have not decided yet on how this tin-cup is going to live... Haha possibly more rework to come! I LOVE that flower connector and use it everywhere including the flower bloom tin-cups. Sometimes I struggle with trying out other flower connectors or chains, but I feel like using some of the same elements ties my pieces together for better layerings and pairings.

Here is the link to the oval chain:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/293036...By+The+Foot+8.8x6.6mm&ref=shop_items_search_1

Back