Xmas idea 2007

This comes to us from Joaillerie Dior. Personally, I think they went a little overboard with the "Goth" meets "Haute Joaillerie" thing. But it could be worn with the Chopard watch since it has the same "everything but the kitchen sink" look. I must admit though, the skull gal does have some bizarre mesmerizing way of holding my attention. Lordy.

I think Ms. Coral Head Skull is just what Mr. Pearl Head Skull has been dreaming of!! She looks a bit of a high maintenance trashy kindda gal(just the way he likes them) and he'll have to throw some major bucks around town entertaining her but it'll be worth it in the end. She seems to love pearls(check out her earring!), so that's a big plus for him. She's a little more serious than he but then they do have the same dentist in common. And Mr. Pearl Head is quite confident he can put a smile on Ms. Coral Head's face sooner or later. The degenerate.

Attachments

• 1607491508_f0201c6561_o.jpg
    1607491508_f0201c6561_o.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited by a moderator:
Can I just find photos for Slraep to make captions for? I laughed so hard I had to run to the ladie's room! :D

GemGeek said:
Can I just find photos for Slraep to make captions for? I laughed so hard I had to run to the ladie's room! :D

Sure GemGeek, just send the pics to my e-mail! The suggested Xmas gifts should be pearl or perliculture related though.

Slraep

Hm... I'd wear that! Just not for Christmas. Perhaps the day of the Dead or something :rolleyes: (not much o a Halloween in Bucharest).

I am impressed with Ms. Coral Head. I'd take her out:D It is a very imaginative piece. A strong Caribbean look.
John

Ms. Coral Head Skull made me laugh out loud!

Where do you folks find these pictures???:eek:

The new AGTA Spectrum Awards are in and, as promissed, the organizers have listed a collection of entries along with the winners. Pearls are represented too - some awesome, some unexpected.

Take a look. ;)

I think my favorite is this...

2008entry129.jpg

Valeria101 said:
Hm... I'd wear that! Just not for Christmas. Perhaps the day of the Dead or something :rolleyes: (not much o a Halloween in Bucharest).

She's just a suggested Xmas gift that can be worn anytime. A little memento mori never hurt anyone. Except maybe that horrid pearl encrusted skull wearing the goggles and sporting a goatee, that Caitlin found.

Slraep

john675 said:
I am impressed with Ms. Coral Head. I'd take her out:D It is a very imaginative piece. A strong Caribbean look.
John

That's funny! I hope you got a fat wallet, my man. There are no cheap dates at Joaillerie Dior.

Slraep

Oh-no. It's Mr. Turquoise Head Skull. He lives at Joaillerie Dior too. He's not very happy about something, as you can see. Can anyone guess who he is? He's quite scary. Like he wants to stick somebody into some designer cement shoes. Yikes. Looks like he had all his blingy teeth knocked out at some point.

There's always a lot of drama around these skulls. HINT: He paid for all of Ms. Coral Head Skull's expensive dental work.

Attachments

• christiandiorskullrings.gif
    christiandiorskullrings.gif
    19.5 KB · Views: 49
What's up with the ruby? What is it? This looks like someone said, "would you like a date with Ms. Coral Head Skull?" And he replied, "No, thank you, I'd rather take a sharp stick in the eye." And that's the REST of the story.

Last edited:
It's made with black pearls by Patricia Madeja. What is it? It's a tambourine ring of course! Why anyone would want to wear an uncomfortable looking pearl tambourine around their finger is the second question. Maybe you are in a band and you actually play the tambourine. Maybe it is just for the trill of exclaiming "Yes, it's a tambourine!", whenever you catch anybody looking at the thing. I don't know. Or maybe you've always loved that disturbing song by The Lemon Pipers. The song in the link below(the misspelled tambourine). I could swear I see someone who looks like Josh in the video. The lyrics are very interesting! I must be very tired, I think I'm seeing things.

"Drop your silver in my tambourine
Help a poor man fill his pretty dream
Give me pennies I'll take anything
Now listen while I play
My green tambourine

Watch the jingle jangle start to chime
Reflections of the music that is mine
When you drop a coin you'll hear it sing
Now listen while I play
My green tambourine

[Instrumental break]

Drop a dime before I walk away
Any song you want I'll gladly play
Money feeds my music machine
Now listen while I play
My green tambourine"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv6GhRDERsk

Attachments

• 778A8A37.jpg
    778A8A37.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 48
knotty panda said:
What's up with the ruby? What is it? This looks like someone said, "would you like a date with Ms. Coral Head Skull?" And he replied, "No, thank you, I'd rather take a sharp stick in the eye." And that's the REST of the story.

Good story! BUT why would he be so mad then? You'd think he would be happy that Ms. Coral Head Skull found a boyfriend.

I was thinking it was a thorn in the eye. Thorn, stick, either one is pretty funny. I don't mean in real life though.

Slraep

A special rosary for midnite mass.
PEARL 3D SKULL ROSARY -the hot skull rosary necklace now comes in a light blue pearl version. Oh so pretty.
blupearlskullrosaryfg6.jpg
$150 but you can still get them in saucy red or crystal clear if you like...
rnrskullnecklacesmkc4.jpg

Caitlin, are those real crystal or are they plexi-glass skulls? Either way, I know what I don't want for Xmas. But I know you want the saucy RED one.

Slraep

The ad didn't say, but I bet its plastic.

Yup, buy two so's they can talk and visit together.........Or maybe they are devout too and just say rosaries.....

Caitlin Williams said:
Here is a new home for the Pearl of Allah. I think it is just as ugly. Who would have thought pearls could be this ugly.

The Rosary is Entertaining... but the pearl Skull.. Now I am just plain freaked out.

cheers
Ash

Slraep said:
OMG, I dare anyone to find anything to beat this brooch in cuteness! Pirate cuteness! Hardy harr harr. Now this is what I call a 60's wirework masterpiece. An 18K cartoon pirate with a big pearl head, heehee. The only thing missing is the parrot. I want one! I wonder if the pearl is changeable? Could make him an international pirate with a Tahitian or an Indonesian gold...

But the Pirate I mean, Look he's um the shirt is PINK????

Yes he is Very Cute!!!