Xmas gift

IHEARTPEARLS, ask them to take photos under natural lighting conditions (next to an uncovered window, indirect daylight); and direct overhead artificial light. The photos above all appear to have been taken in indirect (filtered or shaded) artificial light. Looks like a lovely strand! Although I would ask to have that blemished pearl toward the middle removed.

I bought a strand for myself that is very colourful...it's far from perfect but I loved the colours. I too don't mind if things aren't perfect . A funny thing happened at the HK show. I went to a Tahitian seller to pick up a couple of pearls to add into the necklace. I told the guy at the counter that I was interested in some round dark colourful 10mm pearls as I was reaching into my enormous handbag digging for the strand in it's ziplock bag. He brought up a bag with about 50 beautiful pearls and was just about to put it on the counter when he saw the necklace as I pulled it from the bag. He then immediately moved the bag back to its original spot and grabbed a different bag. .. he looked at me and said " sorry, I thought they were going to be good pearls" LOL I just laughed and said that I was aware of the grade but loved the colours. He also agreed that they were great...for what they are... Ever want to be deflated, take pearls to a pearl show lol

OMG! I would have slunked out of there. Do you go to HK often?

IHEARTPEARLS, ask them to take photos under natural lighting conditions (next to an uncovered window, indirect daylight); and direct overhead artificial light. The photos above all appear to have been taken in indirect (filtered or shaded) artificial light. Looks like a lovely strand! Although I would ask to have that blemished pearl toward the middle removed.
Yes I might ask them for photos of indirect daylight. I also noticed that blemished pearl in the middle .Should not be there. Thanks for your reply. :)

OMG! I would have slunked out of there. Do you go to HK often?

I have gone twice a year in the past but the past few years it's not been possible as our travelling has taken place during show times. That left me attending just once a year . I go for about a week. I get the majority of my buying done prior to the show and then use the show to find new sellers and odds and ends. I'll probably start going twice a year again after this year. My son is getting married in September so I'll miss that one. . but I'll be in S Cal so I can go to the Vault and shop instead :D

I bought a strand for myself that is very colourful...it's far from perfect but I loved the colours. I too don't mind if things aren't perfect . A funny thing happened at the HK show. I went to a Tahitian seller to pick up a couple of pearls to add into the necklace. I told the guy at the counter that I was interested in some round dark colourful 10mm pearls as I was reaching into my enormous handbag digging for the strand in it's ziplock bag. He brought up a bag with about 50 beautiful pearls and was just about to put it on the counter when he saw the necklace as I pulled it from the bag. He then immediately moved the bag back to its original spot and grabbed a different bag. .. he looked at me and said " sorry, I thought they were going to be good pearls" LOL I just laughed and said that I was aware of the grade but loved the colours. He also agreed that they were great...for what they are... Ever want to be deflated, take pearls to a pearl show lol

Ohhh Katbran, please post a photo of your strand. I need some inspiration! I'm a color junkie too. I'd rather buy blemished pearls with strong colors than smooth pearls with dull colors.

Back