What Pearl is This?

JohnLeaf

Hello Pearl-Guide,

I found this beauty on the ground one night after getting a tip that someone was leaving an anonymous gift for me if I could find it.

My current belief is, South Sea Pearl ~27mm unsure if it's cultured or not. Any help is appreciated :)

Mr Leaf

Attachments

• photo72606.jpg
    photo72606.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 48
Hi John,
Welcome aboard...hard to tell just from a photo. It is HUGE for sure, so it could very well be a South Sea Pearl...or an imitation pearl too. Did you try to inspect it to see if it is an imitation?

Hello Cortez,

I don't think it's an imitation because I can see where the silk string dug into the pearl over the years it had been sitting on display. I actually threw it at the pavement twice when I first found it to see if it was real or glass. Stupid I know but I never saw a pearl before.

Could you procure us with a closer up photo of the pearl and the drill hole?

Here you go and thanks for the advice!

Attachments

• photo72643.jpg
    photo72643.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 42
Well, the drill hole does look like that of a pearl, and it looks like a pearl too.
It's huge!
I've seen a 30 mm round SSP before...but it's not common to find such big sizes. What a find!

Sounds like you're jealous. I'm flattered :)

It's egyptian in origin and several thousand years old.

The reason there are so few natural round pearls is because the English Royalty hoarded them, which is pretty evident considering The Queen gifted this to me!

And if what you are saying is true, it's even more rare and valuable than I realized even despite the damage. I mean come on, we're both pearl lovers. The fakes are based on Endorphine and not the other way around. A fake pearl cannot give you a rush just by looking at it, and I feel dizzy just having inspected Endorphine for a few minutes :yikes:
Jewelry.jpg

Last edited:
Now this last photo is much better. And I hate to break it but I have to agree with Jsheperd & Pearl Dreams: an Imitation.
The drill hole has one of the typical shapes of imitations.
As I mentioned before...hard to evaluate a pearl if you don't have it with you. The more photos you can provide, the better.

I very much doubt that the Queen, at 95 years old, is tottering around leaving unique and priceless pearls on the street specifically for you to find.

https://ibb.co/NYGq2FJ
What is a Queen?

The life of a Queen is not easy and it certainly did not get easier with time. No, the more responsibilities they acquired the harder their lives became.

If you are the Queen in your home or your castle, then good for you. However, what many people do not know is that the life of a Queen is actually not that easy. The Queen is considered to be a well-dignified position that only high born individuals can relate to. To be publicly scrutinized for every mood you have or bad day you must suffer.

Why wouldn't The Queen give me a pearl? At 95 she is more eager than ever to have someone to relate to, and I write her often through the grapevine.

Did you know she received a pearl every year on her birthday, from her parents? That must be a nice memory for her.

Sincerely,

First Officer John Leaf of the Timeline Correction Division of Roleplay
p.s. google webcrawlers which are ironically how Google works.

Last edited:
IMHO it looks like an imitation. But interested in hearing your story how the Queen gifted it to you - did she or Sir Edward Young personally handed it over to your hands or what?

Back