Vintage Pearl style

Anita Ekberg

anita-ekberg.jpg

ek berg.jpg

Anitaekberg.jpg

I LOVE that choker and earrings on Princess Diana. Choker goals!!!

How about this photo of Olivia de Havilland suing the recent docudrama "Feud" for defamation of character? Still elegant at 102 years old.

Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 9.33.00 AM.jpg

Oh yes Olivia is a definitely a pearl lover. I have lots of pics of her in her later years wearing them. I did not know she was suing over "Feud". I also confess I never watched it, so I am not even sure what it was all about.

"Feud" was about the making of "Whatever Happened To Baby Jane" and the feud between Betty Davis and Joan Crawford. Catherine Zeta Jones played De Havilland as Davis's friend and fellow actress who costars with her in "Hush… Hush, Sweet Charlotte" and participates in a 1970s documentary on Crawford. De Havilland says she never called her sister a "bitch" and was never a gossip, like she was portrayed in the miniseries.

Interesting, now I am really curious.

"Feud" was about the making of "Whatever Happened To Baby Jane" and the feud between Betty Davis and Joan Crawford. Catherine Zeta Jones played De Havilland as Davis's friend and fellow actress who costars with her in "Hush… Hush, Sweet Charlotte" and participates in a 1970s documentary on Crawford. De Havilland says she never called her sister a "bitch" and was never a gossip, like she was portrayed in the miniseries.

Leontyne Price

LeoTy.jpg

Leontyne_Price.jpeg

leot.jpg

Vivian Vance

vivian-vance-3.jpg

f01_jd_23mar_vance-640x487.jpg

Whoa! I've never seen Vivian Vance young, either.

Leontyne Price looks regal.

It is always a nice surprise to see some of these folks in their younger days. Or in some other cases people we've only associated with their younger days, seeing them in their more mature years is also interesting.

Laraine Day

20266208078_f26b357fb7.jpg

9999015271-l.jpg

Laraine Day.jpg

I love Carole Lombard in that second pic clasping her pearls.

Myrna Loy is one of my all time favorite actresses. She used to play quite the vamp in her early years. Look at her! Va-va-voom. I don't think she got more "respectable lady" roles until The Thin Man came out. She has the most amazing light green eyes with a dark ring around the iris.

Claire Bloom

Claire Bloom.jpg

Claire Bl.jpg

claire_bloom_0.jpg

claire bloom 6.jpg

In Character: Kings Speech

Claire_Bloom_as_Sofina_Blackgard.jpg

Last edited:
Back