Two New Bracelets

I used a very heavy silver bracelet clasp on one of my pearl bracelets, mainly because I liked the Balinese granulation that it had. But, that heavy clasp had the resulting effect of staying on the underside of my wrist, and so the bracelet stays oriented correctly all day.

... There are a few "bar bracelets" in the sale with beautiful pearls, but I would think it would be very hard to keep the pearls in a visible position without using double sided tape!

Well, funnily enough, after letting my husband loose on the Pearl Paradise site to select me a mystery present, he chose one of these bracelets!

IMG_0569.JPG

The pearls were beautiful, but as predicted, spent most of their time on the underside of my wrist... so within 48 hours, I was off to my local jeweller where it has now been remade on a solid silver spring-band.

IMG_0588.JPG

I am much happier with it, as the beautiful pearls stay exactly where I want them. It was quite a cheap exercise and, as a bonus, I would think will be much more robust than the original light chain too.

Now that's a brilliant idea, Lizard! Such a simple solution, but so perfect. I'd been eyeing up those bracelets, knowing they'd roll and I'd never see the pearls ... bingo ... Thanks for the idea :)

I love your bracelet solution! Your bracelets are lovely.

Back