TRIP AROUND THE WORLD? Feb 28th - Mar 26th

Definitively...a TRUE Musical Pearl :)

"Ah my favorite band.. Originally Posted by lisa cMikeyy, I can't tell. You'll have to

"Hike up your skirt a little more", per Dave Matthews' Band.

p.s. It sure is quiet around here today. It feels like when your elementary school class goes on a field trip, and there's only a hand full of kids left in the classroom, because they forgot their permission slips."

You know I'm going to visit you guys Douglas. I'll have to time it when the yellowtail or the Dorados are also there.

I was wondering where this thread got to! I just sent in a Friend Request from Pure- I can't wait to see some of these amazing locales!! Best of luck on the trip you two! :)

Hola Josh: Well, Elisabeth did mention a bit about Mexican Pearls on the last seconds of the 3rd Video...so, why not include Guaymas in your worldwide trip??? You are ALL sincerely invited to visit us, and it is such a short trip from the US border...

We would be honored to visit the Cortez pearl farm! This is something that I will have the Cultured Pearl Organization set up with you upon my arrival back into the US. I am very excited about this opportunity and would love for you to e-mail me more information at JBazar@pearls.com

Pearl Talks: Natural pearl Expert K.C. Bell on his lifes experience in the natural pearl trade.
As I conduct more and more talks with the leaders in both knowledge and production I hope to learn as much as possible. Please learn with me by clicking the link below and subscribing to our "Pearl Talks" Youtube channel... I hope that you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/user/PearlTalks

(Reference to Mikeyys post #42, page 3 of this thread) People, people! Kiss the mussels, not fish, for pretty pearls.

Oh, wait, maaaybee this is a working-up-to-mussel-kissing event...

Last edited:
WOW, This is going to be the longest work week EVER. I feel like I have a huge mauntain to climb and havent even teken my first steps yet! I can not wait to get this show on the road!!

It a Date then!! ;)
All Pearl-Guiders and all "Pearlers" are always invited and Honoured Guests here with Us. I''l send you an e-mail as asked. Thank You Josh!

Have fun and take lots of pictures. Maybe we'll see you guys out there somewhere.

I am enjoying this so much! You are really onto something. What an education for us all!

In my long life of having many,many enthusiams and subjects for research and study, pearls are the most complex, fascinating, alluring, enduring, wearable objects of glamor that make me want to learn more every day AND feast my eyes. Making the study of pearls available via video and all media, is a great step in the teaching of pearl fact- and lore. Interviews with the experts are so personal and up close, it is almost like being there. There is no end to this subject!

Really been enjoying the videos JBazar has put onto this thread!

Have a safe and Fun journey Boys!!

Cheers

Ash

Guys this trip is AMAZING!!! I have taken pictures that I will post up soon and the video we have got is un believable. Jeremy has been teaching me as we go from farm to farm and MAN that guy knows his stuff!!! He even may have made a discovery of sorts but thats for him to talk about. I have recorded all of the pearl talks on audio tape so that I can accurately tell the story of what I have learned when it's time to make the video. We are in Hong Kong now, Jeremy the film team and I are about to go to dinner. I will try to get some good stuff up asap. Thanks to everyone who is following and Caitlin your last comment really said a lot. Jeremy has told me a lot about you and your passion and dedication for pearls is inspiring.

yes I agree I am also enjoying your stories here and on Facebook and learning a lot, I did not see any Soufflee pearls on the Shenzhen show and it looks like you guys also will not go to Hunan province to visit those 2 farms supplying them. Seems all
these pearls are going to the US and none to Bangkok, where I live and Europe where I try to sell pearls. Had hoped to take them there when I go there to show them to the European pearl lovers.

Looking forward to the Jewelmer story, I admire those guys and their love for nature, environment, the wellbeing of the Philippine eco system and the magnificient pearls I have seen from them. So dedicated to the industry.

Bangkok Fair had good results, Shenzhen even had a stand of the prestious Swiss pearlhouse Hodel showing the most elegant pearl jewelary I have ever seen. Curious about your opinions about the Hong Kong Fair. The Myanmar pearls at the Bangkok Fair were extremely expensive at over US $ 500 per momme. The lady informed me that the industry has problems there.

Hi Cees - there were quite a few souffle pearls at the HK show today - mixed qualities and from quite a few different vendors.
Jewelmer have some gorgeous product at the fair, and it was great to meet Jacques and Pierre this afternoon - I would love to get to their farms one day and am looking forward to some of the video. Had a bit of a private 'preview' and it looks fantastic!
Hope to catch up with you Josh & Jeremy sometime tomorrow!!

It turns out that only one of the farms is in Hunan and the other is in Jiangsu. We were able to make it to the farm in Jiangsu and found some very interesting things. I've got a bit more research to do before I post about it, but I think it may answer a lot of other questions as well.

sounds you guys are the new Marco Polo's from the East, not the west hahaha. Reveil the new mistery, can't wait

Back