To Ream or Not to Ream....

As good as my word - brief vid on hand drilling to enlarge drill holes (and one on getting the needle through souffl? pearls)
via vid section on P website

I look forward to seeing it when I get a chance. Thanks, Wendy! :)

I either rest the big handle base (battery pack) on the work bench or just hold it steady.
The ironic thing is that I haven't drilled my thumb for at least a year, probably two but the next pearl I did after the video...you guessed...! It's no worse than a small splinter and not fatal #chump

Ouch! Hope you didn't lose too much flesh and blood.

A lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client......

My Dad's fond of quoting Dickens' condemnation of the Court of Chancery from Bleak House:

This is the Court of Chancery, which has its decaying houses and its blighted lands in every shire, which has its worn-out lunatic in every madhouse and its dead in every churchyard, which has its ruined suitor with his slipshod heels and threadbare dress borrowing and begging through the round of every man's acquaintance, which gives to monied might the means abundantly of wearying out the right, which so exhausts finances, patience, courage, hope, so overthrows the brain and breaks the heart, that there is not an honourable man among its practitioners who would not give--who does not often give--the warning, "Suffer any wrong that can be done you rather than come here!"

I think you may be right about the length problem. Some customers when thinking length are talking about a chain, perhaps a 1 mm necklace chain. In reality when you wear the larger pearls necklace the diameter you're needing is an inch or more longer to get a 16 inch inside circumference)..

Instead of reaming i'd recommend a lower diameter stringing cord. Power pro is great for this as it comes in several different sizes. I plan to try Pattye's cord sometime soon. Non silk cords mean huge strength in low diameter, no stretch and long lasting.. So going to bigger diameter in power pro and others is for knot size not strength.

Lloyd
Gemologist Gia Certified and trained

Back