Tin cup - help pls!

Newberrys SS tincup is my dream tincup! I hope to have something similar one day!

Here's the one I made Saturday night. I don't know exactly how long it is, but you get the idea in the pictures. I used 10mm circled pearls from Jacques's light mix. I especially love the one at the bottom of the first picture.

Please excuse my work clothes lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160829-125933.jpg
    Screenshot_20160829-125933.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20160829-125958.jpg
    Screenshot_20160829-125958.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 20160828_131502.jpg
    20160828_131502.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 20160828_131519.jpg
    20160828_131519.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 28
Lary007 -may I ask you where you have bought the connectors from! They are so delicate and beautiful!

Very interesting bailey. Love the connectors and the length seems perfect for u

Beautiful pearls!!! I'm in love with your keshi and the blue ones!!!

It helped me to lay my pearls on a bead board and put a pin in them so they were laying the right way (good for those who don't sit right). Or you can temporarily string them so you have an idea what it will look like worn. Also, finding a necklace that is a good length on you and using that as a gauge for your tin cup is very helpful.

Found my old post but it only shows the keshi being a solo necklace and it also shows the longer tin cup on the next page: https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/s...a-Dangerous-Thing/page2&highlight=wire+tincup

These old photos were taken at night using a flash, so the pictures aren't that great. I'll have to take some of the reworked keshi tincup. The pearls on the longer necklace range from 8-11-9mm and the distance between the pearls was longer so you could see the figaro design. When doubled, the largest pearls hang in the front and the longest non pearled area where the enhancer is, would lay on the back of the neck. I didn't really like the way the pearls hung on the wire when worn short, so it was mostly worn long. I loved seeing the pearls in the daytime, esp driving.

View attachment 44432View attachment 44430View attachment 44431

amti thank you for the photos! I love your keshi and your long rope gives me a better idea of spacing and proportions. I have some Figaro chain which I might use and agree with spacing the pearls in such a way that the chain pattern shows.

I'm going to throw a curve ball at you...in your last group of photos (#4 and #5) I would use the drops as a "dangle" tin cup. I would switch out the oval shape for a more pointed shapes in the grouping. In other words, use head pins to attach the drops to your chain and let each pearl dangle...like this: View attachment 44433

Ooh dangles!! They look amazing! I'll give this a try although sadly I don't think I have enough in that beautiful plump drop shape.

Amti the single Keshi is so delicate. Very nice!

Jp Dangles? Very interesting. As usual love your creativity.

Hadanama nope don't have a thread. Attaching pic here for you.
I initially did it longer and could go round my neck twice but I didn't like it
Inspired by JP, I re-did. Shortened and added 2 gemstone stations.
The pearls are blue mix from Jacque. They have pretty luster but were rather blemished. They were graded AA+.
View attachment 44436

Thanks for the photos! Love your tin cup, the blues look so nice against the yellow gold chain. I love it doubled too.

Newberry - your tin cups are just fabulous!! I really love the 42" length on you. And the way you've layered them.

Purr - your flower tin cup is gorgeous. The flowers, the textured chain and the spacing of the pearls make for a beautiful and unique piece.

Lary - it turned out so nicely! Love the connector charms!

Thank you all for your contributions and photos! You have all given me new ideas and tips on things to consider when designing my tin cups. I have lots of ideas to try out! Stay tuned : )

Last edited:
Oh I love seeing all these gorgeous tincups in one place! Newberry, I love your ssps! What a great idea to put an enhancer dangling on the large circled chain. I just bought some smaller gssps and have been wondering what to do with them, and your tin cup is tempting me!!! I think my really long tincup might be around 42 inches, too. It is definitely longer than 36 inches and I have a lot of fun with it.

Purr, did you use different colored chains too, so they match the flowers? That's really makes your tincup unique! You are so creative!

Lary, I also love your connectors! They certainly add a new level of interest to the necklaces!

I finally got around to taking photos of my now five keshi necklace and my circled tin cup with garnets rondelles. I picked the garnets to highlight the purples in the pearls. I didn't measure the distance between the pearls since it was all wire, but the chains between the keshi are 1 inch long. I'll probably redo the necklaces and make the wires tighter and tie them off closer to the pearls. In the beginning I was trying to get 2-3 wraps around but now I prefer them with 1-2 wraps.
DSC08459.jpgDSC08466.jpgDSC08448.jpg

Last edited:
Amti I was blown away by the first necklace and then I saw the Keshi!! Gorgeous pieces. I like the spacing between the Keshi, the proportions are perfect.

Where did you find the garnets? I love the idea of mixing pearls and gemstones.

Love pearls and gemstones ... the garnets look fantastic! And the keshi :) of course ...

Back