New necklace 'project'.

asurazzy

Elloooo... I just can not keep my wallet bleeding out to get pearls...so to validate my recent act I just thinking that my latest purchase is a bday gift from me to me! Cause Loreal I'm worth it hahaha!

Anyhow...I got my grubby little hands on this light golden baroque SS pearls in photo 1, white baroque SS pearls in photo 2 and rounds Tahitian pearls in photo 3. There are 43 golden, 37 whites and 20 blacks. I asked the pearls to be reconstructed in alternate of 2 golden+2whites+1black until it runs out. The trial color layout is shown in photo 4 with some of the pearls.

I want a super long necklace that I could wrap around my neck so I asked it to be made into one long tincup strand. So the jewelry person suggested 2.5 metres or 100 inches 22kt gold chain to be use with 2 cm chain space between the pearls. Chain photo is in no.5. He even showed me the trial layout on the floor in photo 6. It run through the middle of the tiles there..a bit hard to see...

It will take a month to complete the necklace and I will post it on here once the necklace done. I hope it will be a wonderful necklace. If its good I might have the matching earrings made.

Anyone else have new pearl project cooking??

Attachments

• IMG_7983.jpg
    IMG_7983.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4372.jpg
    IMG_4372.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_8758.jpg
    IMG_8758.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0661.jpg
    IMG_0661.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7521.jpg
    IMG_7521.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_9057.jpg
    IMG_9057.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 35
These are gorgeous, asurazzy! And I love the chain. I can hardly wait to see your pics of the completed piece:)

I'm with MSC; I so wish we had access to more high karat gold findings here in the US. This has the makings of a gorgeous necklace; can't wait to see it finished, Asurazzy :)

Gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

How funny he used the floor for a layout but it makes perfect sense! I'm really curious to see your finished necklace too. That 22k gold is so bright and pretty!

Pearlsessence its taking a long time because they produce their own gold chains and settings. They dont buy it from anywhere. Beside...Im patient.

Thanks Babynurse and Sanippy Plan to wear it for my bday in August. MSC and Cathykeshi, even is Aus most jewelleries using 9kt gold and they are soooohhh expensive. In Indonesia most gold jewelleries made from 18 and 22kt gold and it sold by the gr so the price its very resonable.

This will be my first long necklace ever so it will be interesting. Been eyeing that thread about 18 ways wearing 100 inches rope necklace.

Katbran I like surprises hahaha! I am as curious as Amti on how the necklace going to be. But the guy having pretty good idea on what I want. Fingers crossed!

OOOO, cool. Are the pearls going to be evenly spaced, or sort of randomly spaced?

wow - that's really long !! I can't wait to see what this looks like when it's finished. One suggestion...I'd have him send you a photo once he's done 20 inches so you can be sure that you are happy with the look.... better to be sure before he does the whole 100 !

This is an excellant suggestion! And what a fantastic project! Have you thought of adding one or two extra clasp so that you can break it down to multiple sections (for example into 20", 30", 50" sections)?

Hi BWeaves! It will be evenly spaced 2 cms apart.

If adding extra clasp where to positioned it? My plan was just wrap it around my neck haha. Any example?

Btw I went walking home from work n always passing through jewellery stores after stores..then I saw Tahitian pearls sold loose individually..then I ending up buying one. It's not round, many scars, pretty big, good luster. Bought it for 120$. Think to make a ring with it. I hope I didn't pay too much for the pearl..

This is the pearl I got today. Should I mAke it into a ring or a pendant? Sorry..off topic..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 26
I'd turn it into a pendant simply because I'm afraid of knocking it against a hard surface when I wear it as a ring. Looking forward to seeing your finished necklace.

You said it wasn't round... is it flat on one side or a teardrop? A button?

wow - that's really long !! I can't wait to see what this looks like when it's finished. One suggestion...I'd have him send you a photo once he's done 20 inches so you can be sure that you are happy with the look.... better to be sure before he does the whole 100 !
I was going to suggest the same! I love a long necklace...and this looks smashing...but layout is important because you'll need to consider how the pearls will look when worn various ways. I cannot wait to see it finished!

Ya Pareltje a pendant might be better because Im quite clumsy person.

Katbran Im not sure how big it is. Looking for measuring tape to show comparison but could find the tape haha. So I took another photo of it on my palm. Pleaseeee dont tell me I got ripped off?? Which seller I should look into from Etsy btw?

Amti its a drop shape isnt it?. I took another side way photo of it. Sorry I am still a bit clueless bout pearls.

Jersey pearl the layout is 2 white baroque + 2 golden baroque + 1 round black. Graduating the biggest pearls in the middle. Seller just contacted me and said it will need almost 60 gram of gold for the chain and I was like holy monkey!! Then he said he can use other smaller chain and will consums just half of that and still stay as strong n I was like phew....

Attachments

• 20170527_005043.jpg
    20170527_005043.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 20170527_004950.jpg
    20170527_004950.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 28
Ok update. This is the chain model he will be using. He just have to produce 2.5 metres like that one n we're off!

Attachments

• IMG_3470.jpg
    IMG_3470.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 28
Got take a look at The Pearl House ...Jac has lots of loose Tahitians and it will give you an idea of size and price of different qualities. I would suggest that you try to get out and look at some pearls and study a bit more on the forum so you have a better understanding of what you are buying. Avoid Ebay. Though Druzy Designs has loose pearls as well and is reputable. And Eastern Trade Winds also has loose pearls - Sven is a member here.http://www.easterntradewinds.com/shop_tmp/index.php/shop/pearls

Back