Thoughts?

pearlescence

purveyor of pearls UK/EU
I have been shown these pearls which are appraised as Akoya by a Bond street jeweller and by Christies in London (and me!), wtih a platinum and diamond clasp. The biggest silver blue pearl is 10.6mm.
There are some flaws but not many and the lustre is very good but not metallic. They date from the 1930s (owner's mother)
It seems possible that I will be asked to sell them for the owner because Christies wanted 38% commission (phew!)
View attachment 12083View attachment 12084

Thoughts?
Suggestions?
Whatever happens it was very nice to meet them.

Hi Wendy,

I can't access the attachments. Not sure whether it is me or your sites. Would love to have a look at the pearls. Can you download directely using a basic downloader from your own computer.

They sound a lot like the Pastel Akoyas that I listed which were a large size for akoyas with a deco with 7 diamond clasp, all original, well as
far as anyone can be sure of anything. Size 9mm down to 8mm. So pretty big for Akoyas.

Check on my listing for what I am hoping to get for them - or should I say something close to them. Set in Platinum with Diamonds they really are beautiful but I also am not sure what the market and especially on eBay will handle. I think they are worth every penny but it is up to customers in the end.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310294331117&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

They are item no. 310294331117

Dawn - Bodecia
eBay Seller ID dawncee333 - natural pearl collector and all round pearl lover.

Hi Wendy,

The photos came through. For some reason they are just taking a little more time. Sorry about that. They are beautiful although I would have liked them all mixed like my strand but that is just me :(

Have you been given a price they want to get. Four (4) strands have to be worth a tidy penny. Platinum items (even on eBay) do not sell cheaply and these have decent size platinum and diamonds from the look of it. I think they are beautiful and should reach a premium but what that is for Akoyas for a 4 strand necklace plus a pair of earrings (if including) has to be very high.

Hope some Akoya experts advise you on these. But the asking price and valuation must give you a good idea of what you need to ask. For there it is your display and advertising of them. Hope you make some good money on them.

My necklace checks out as Platinum too but is not marked. But several checks on it. Haven't check on the price of Platimum in the last week but expensive and extremely beautiful.

Dawn - Bodecia

Hi Wendy,

Meant to ask, when did Platinum need marking as such???? I have come across pieces before that had not been marked as such but were.

Dawn - Bodecia

Back