Thoughts on This Ebay Seller?

Most of the stock is AAA+ which is not usually a good sign
In pearls, as in many things in life...You will get what you pay for

A couple of things I noticed:
1) although the seller tells you in the FAQ section that black and turquoise are not natural colors, nowhere did I see a statement that some of the pearls are dyed. That's a dicey tactic.
2) I didn't see anywhere that "you will receive the item pictured". Period. You could contact seller and ask for pictures of the exact item - I doubt you will get one.

This is just more of the same as you've already dealt with. Don't bother. I think you could end up with worse than you've got now, easily. It's hard to give up the idea that you can get wonderful pearls dirt cheap, but in reality you'll waste money if you keep hoping for it. Take your time, read some more, save up some money and do business with some of the posters here. I'm not a vendor here or anywhere,BTW, I'm just another person who got wise after wasting money.

P.S. your $78 is a good start towards something nice. Double or triple it (or more if you want extreme delight, which I would recommend) and deal with the vendors that post here and you'll still be getting a steal, comparatively, without a doubt.

Last edited:
Not to forget, I want to tell you nice job on the close up of the pearls in your hand in your original post. You did it so well you captured the flaws clearly!!

Anyone familiar with or have thoughts on this eBay seller's items?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/farmdirectpearl/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

I've been burned by a seller in China, thought maybe I'd have more luck with a US seller!

TIA :)

Why not try to look at some of the websites of the vendors of this forum rather than hunt for a deal too good to be true? :) All the links here are from vendors who are trusted and known here. If you find better prices else where, beware.

- Karin

Thanks for the input and the advice, I think I will take it :) I'd rather put my money toward something ultimately quality rather than something I'll be sorry to have bought later, but I have issues with needing instant gratification sometimes! (learn to delay gratification...learn to delay gratification...learn to delay gratification...)

I am sorry to hear that you have been "burned" by a seller on Ebay - I did read through that thread just now (it has taken some interesting twists and turns - that thread, with some good points made). I have always stayed away from Ebay for the simple reason that it is too confusing for me and seems too crowded with AAA items at throw-away prices...and that in itself is not very promising.
Anyway, good luck for your future pearly acquisitions. And remember, as was reiterated in your other thread, not all sellers in China are frauds. I myself deal with so many Chinese in my business and personal life, as you might imagine, and they are wonderful people mostly. Frauds and cheaters, unfortunately, exist everywhere and we need to be aware of them and then KEEP AWAY!! :)

Best wishes from Beijing.

Last edited:
Back