Thoughts & Guidance on Multicolor Tahitians

Rkas

I am very new to the Pearl World & I'm becoming fascinated. I have started looking at online sites, youtube and found this forum. Yippee!!! At first I was very skeptical of purchasing pearls online, but you guys are beginning to make me a believer. A month ago, a friend who is a jeweler wanted me to buy a Tahitian pearl necklace. She said she could get me a really good deal because she was going to the gem show in Tucson. I didn't do it because I didn't know the first thing about Tahitian pearls & therefore had no way of knowing what a GOOD DEAL or bad deal looked like. After my initial research & reading this forum, I'm starting to know more about pearls & what I am attracted to. I'm also feeling more confident about what sellers I would want to buy from & their knowledge & passion for pearls. I'm really glad I waited.

So here's my dilemma, I would like to buy a Tahitian Pearl Necklace. I like the round, multicolor pearls with a nice variation of color, (black blue, peacock, brownish red, silver blue.) When I first started my research I saw one on a site but I think it was sold and I can't remember where I saw it. I really liked it but I'm not seeing it on the reputable sites you refer to, i.e. Pearl Paradise, Kojima Pearls.... Where might I find them? Also what is the price point for something like this? I am interested in an 18" single strand necklace.

All input is appreciated,

Rkas

Hi Rkas,

As we always suggest, if you don't see exactly what you're looking for on a vendor site reach out and see what else they have in stock. Most of us don't list everything we have on hand and often can custom match exactly what you're looking for.

Have fun! Now that you know what you want the fun part is hunting down the perfect strand.

Rkas welcome to Pearl Guide an oh boy did you find the right place to talk pearls. We are a bunch of pearl enablers. Pearls are like patato chips you can't have just one.

My recent strand sounds very much like the one you describe wanting. I purchased it from Jose at www.tahitianpearls.biz/tahitian-pearl-necklace/multicolor_tahitian_pearl_necklace_tnmq.htm

I was a little leery of purchasing it from a site that ended in .biz but after reading about other pearl lover's experiences with the seller on this forum as well as another full of pearl fans I decided to take the plunge. They offered paypal which went a long ways to assuaging my doubts. The seller went the extra mile for me. He found a relatively rare blue pearl to become the new center pearl since I wasn't in love with the original. The necklace arrived and was lovely in person though as an earlier thread mentioned-you have to learn to read Tahitian pictures since their full beauty is not revealed under all lighting conditions. Pictures of my strand can be found here: https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7415&page=4 . The thread is great in general because it shows you what to expect from Tahitians in less than ideal light conditions.

If TPbiz doesn't have something like what your looking for listed, email the vender with a picture of what you are looking for and he will be able to check to see if he has it in his larger, but unlisted stock. I would also not hesitate to do business with any of the other great sellers on PG. I have bought from a few now and had excellent experiences all around.

Great beginning

Great beginning

My recent strand sounds very much like the one you describe wanting. I purchased it from Jose at www.tahitianpearls.biz/tahitian-pearl-necklace/multicolor_tahitian_pearl_necklace_tnmq.htm

I was a little leery of purchasing it from a site that ended in .biz but after reading about other pearl lover's experiences with the seller on this forum as well as another full of pearl fans I decided to take the plunge. They offered paypal which went a long ways to assuaging my doubts. The seller went the extra mile for me. He found a relatively rare blue pearl to become the new center pearl since I wasn't in love with the original. The necklace arrived and was lovely in person though as an earlier thread mentioned-you have to learn to read Tahitian pictures since their full beauty is not revealed under all lighting conditions. Pictures of my strand can be found here: https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7415&page=4 . The thread is great in general because it shows you what to expect from Tahitians in less than ideal light conditions.

If TPbiz doesn't have something like what your looking for listed, email the vender with a picture of what you are looking for and he will be able to check to see if he has it in his larger, but unlisted stock. I would also not hesitate to do business with any of the other great sellers on PG. I have bought from a few now and had excellent experiences all around.

I will take your advise and contact various sites. I will be looking to the forum for guidance and to share this experience. It should be fascinating for me & hopefully helpful to others who are interested in purchasing beautiful pearls. So thank you so far for your insight. I will keep all posted as I receive my responses. I realize that I asked for a price point but didn't say the size of the pearls. I was interested in 10mm and up. I am open to all input.
Thank you,
Rkas

Yes. I love the variation of color yet the uniformity of the pearls. To me they are delicious. Thank you so much for this information and for providing me with a picture to match the image I was holding in my mind. I will start to contact some of these companies.
I hope they are somewhere in my price range. I'm very excited and grateful for the information!

Starry eyed & adoring these Tahitian Pearls,
Rkas

Love the clasp Wendy. I always think it is challenging to find a clasp which matches the weight of Tahitians.

Hello,

I have studied pearls for a while now and have gotten many from ebay. All Akoya. The Pearl Society is honest and Auction Pearls has many Tahitian but I have never bought from them but their rating is 100% from california. ( both sellers on Ebay).
Johanna

Melody,

Wendy's links are in her signature line-- she is the vendor (Pearlescence).

Oh, what a gorgeous strand! I can't imagine there would be any problems ordering from the UK. Wendy knows her pearls! International ordering is very straight forward these days. I was hesitant at first to both order and ship worldwide and overall it has been very smooth.

Hello,

I have studied pearls for a while now and have gotten many from ebay. All Akoya. The Pearl Society is honest and Auction Pearls has many Tahitian but I have never bought from them but their rating is 100% from california. ( both sellers on Ebay).
Johanna

I would like to add a word of caution here for the newcommers to come. A rating of 100% on eBay does not tell you a whole lot about the seller. It is common to have people make mock buys to get good ratings and I have experienced myself how I had given a less than positive feedback and was offered a full refund if I'd just cancel the feedback. If you check a seller on toolhause.org you get better information.

- Karin

Karin is giving excellent advice.
I will add though; I have bought pearls from Pearl_Society, and the Vendor is honest and a fast shipper, and has very nice pearls.
Linda.

Karin, thanks for the tip on toolhaus.org. It's useful for assessing the credibility of the vendor, as well as pointing out the glaring flaws in their items and weaknesses in their service.

I bought a cool big white SSP drop on an enhancer from Pearl Society and it was exactly as pictured and a good deal at the time. :)

Back