• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Think I have found another Poe Pipi

Bodecia

Pearl Designer & Collector
Poe Pipi 1.jpg
Hi All and especially kiwipaul,

It is just a coincidence but I came across what I believe to be a Poe Pipi on eBay yesterday. It is 5mm in diameter and looks to be a little deeper. This is one, when I get it, that I will be sending for certification first.

I haven't done a search on eBay for ages as I was trying not to spend but I think it was Paul's Poe Pipi that egged me on although unconsciously. I never expected to find one, never even thought about it. It was just a search and most of what I came up with was
either terribly expensive or rubbish. Just the luck of the draw or day. :)

I should imagine Paul's Pipi Ring being so large is worth a small fortune but even this little 5mm darling must be worth a reasonable amount. I love the look of it. Just hope it is close to the colour in the photo when I see it in the flesh.

Having trouble with attaching the photo so I am hoping it goes through :)

Dawn - Bodecia
http://www.ebay.com/sch/dawncee333/m.html
eBay Seller ID dawncee333 Natural pearl collector & seller. And all round pearl lover.

Bodecia

I have thought of something to do with my Poe Pipi and one of the other pearls in that little pin. I have a ring (no photo yet) that has what I believe is a natural Basra in the centre and two little pearls either side. I had intended to have Abalone pearls put either side but the two I bought for that purpose might be a little too big but I am sure the Pipi's would fit well. Only thing is that the centre Basra? is a Blue White and one Pipi is gold and the other possibly pipi is white with a touch of mauve. Might look a little weird but I will play around with the ring tomorrow.

It is just a thought and I had forgotten I had this ring away in my jewellery box waiting for the Abalones to be fitted. Need to check the centre pearl out first anyway. I have checked the bottom and it certainly looks the real thing but need to get certification on it. Talked to my hubby about spending the dollars to have a few things checked and he just muttered which is a "okay" in my mind. :)

Dawn - Bodecia
eBay Seller ID dawncee333 Natural pearl collector & seller. And all round pearl lover.

kiwipaul

Hi Dawn, looks like a great result, now the anxious wait for it to arrive.

Will be interested to see how your ring re-modelling turns out, and keen to see more of your naturals as discussed.

Bodecia

Hi All,

Well my so called Pipi pearl turned out to be a natural but not a Pipi. I did pick up on it before it was sent to me as I had luckily asked some questions regarding colour and finally got the seller to take another photo. It was a cream pearl not golden. I thought it was probably not as deep golden as the photo showed but it had been totally saturated and was not golden at all. I cancelled the purchase although I was sure it was natural but I was angry about the colour manipulation and just didn't want to deal with that seller.

So I only have my tiny pipi pearl or pearls now. Still I guess we all learn from such experiences and from now on it it looks like a photo has been touched up at all I will ask loads of questions and not get carried away.

Dawn - Bodecia

GemGeek

Pearlista
Good for you for insisting on checking the color. Sorry it didn't turn out, but I'll bet there will be more opportunities in the future. :)

KarinK

Thank you for sharing. Useful knowledge for all of us!

- Karin