"The Secret Life of Pearls" - Documentary airing on Nat Geo Channel - March 14th.

Jacques

Pearly pearl
"The Secret Life of Pearls" - Documentary airing on Nat Geo Channel - March 14th.

There is a new documentary about Australian South Sea pearls airing on National Geographic Cannel.

Here is the link:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...m/news-story/58bcc4fa08fa0dee44b552c3b542b3ee

It's from Australia, but hopefully everyone who has Nat Geo channel in the US will be able to see it.

From the video clip on the web page, the film looks quite well made. Gorgeous shots of the Kimberley region, where the Australian farms are, but also footage of the diving for shells, the harvest, and apparently, it's the first time television cameras have been allowed into the Paspaley grading room.

It looks quite exciting. I can't wait to watch it!

:)

Last edited:
I don't have this channel, but I hope that everyone who does will watch. I had the joy of flying out to Kuri Bay in a Paspaley sea plane and watching harvesting operations. The scenery on the way is beautiful, austere and pristine. And the grading room in Darwin is nothing short of amazing. Vats of gorgeousness! :)

We have the channel but the program is not appearing on our listings. Maybe it's just showing in Australia at this point?

Ok so I just heard back from Paspaley regarding this.

The documentary will be premiering in the USA on April 28th. Sorry for the confusion! :eek:

But it will for sure be coming to America next month on Nat Geo channel, so stay tuned.

If you want further updates about the documentary including when it will be possible to see it here in the USA, you can subscribe to Paspaley's website and you will be notified.

Thanks for the reminder!

It's at 10 pm ET on NGW (National Geographic Wild).

Hi Tam - ah this is you! 😀 I haven't forgotten you! Lol. I will be emailing you very soon - today.

Back