The photo that inspired me

I'm guessing that's the size, and I'm guessing, at that quality, it would be a goodly amount.:p

I have a modestly sized strand coming my way--very excited about this--my first strand of Tahitians! Will post when it arrives!

How exciting - do share when they arrive!!

Must have posted a few already, but there's always new inspiration coming!

Speaking of ropes:

LINK to SOURCE

ropekh1.png

And a pastel version sans darks, with rainbow freshwaters added in:

kdn9816-450_1.jpg

The gap in glamour factor between the two images notwithstanding, can't pick a favorite here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pics. Valeria - I love the first one.
Oh dear, I'd better start saving again....

Those are purrty Valeria.
Can't pick a favorite either. I'll take one of each!:D I thought I was done for awhile too!*holds hammer precariously over ceramic pig*
I didn't know Garry worked in pearls. His site is slick.:cool:

Hummm, both so yummy. Think I slightly prefer the Kojimapearl pastel, it looks so summery, yet bold. Thanks for the photos. Here's my Tahitian strand that looks similar to the one Meryl is wearing--a silver green color, I wear it quite a bit! (From DruzyDesign several years ago) Sorry, photo way too dark.
RIMG0029_resize.jpg

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Earrings about 12x13.5mm, end pearls 11x11mm up to center 16.5x13.5 (all approx) as it is difficult to get the gauge carefully in against the pearls. Thanks for asking, I meant to include that info!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

I didn't know Garry worked in pearls. His site is slick.:cool:

Just discovered the new website... might not even be new anymore, it's been a while.

Wonder if pearls are a legal requirement already, down under ;)

Hey Valeria - thanks for sharing the website - now I just have more things on the wishlist!! However, I did look it over well and truly without noticing he was from down here - I did note all the Australian diamonds, though! WA is as famous for its diamonds as it is for its pearls! But that rope sure is drool worthy, isn't it?

Diane Keaton in pearls

Diane Keaton in pearls

Did anyone see Mad Money? Diane Keaton must be a pearl lover too. She wore multiple strands together.

Here is a white strand with golden South Sea ?

Attachments

• IMG_2297_1_1.JPG
    IMG_2297_1_1.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2298_1_1.JPG
    IMG_2298_1_1.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 29
I don't know this one. Possibly a double strand of gray Tahitian with diamond rondelle ?

Attachments

• IMG_2299_1_1_1.JPG
    IMG_2299_1_1_1.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 27
And another double strand here:

Attachments

• IMG_2302_1_2_1.JPG
    IMG_2302_1_2_1.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 27
I just love Diane Keaton--and her pearls! She wears them with such panache!

Here is a white strand with golden South Sea

I'd bet those are SS pearls (or not pearls at all... it's just a movie), but the particular combination reminds me of the thread about bright yellow Vietnamese Akoya posted here earlier... Those would be perfect for a double strand, wouldn't they! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back