The photo that inspired me

I love the Diane Keaton photos - particularly the eclectic grouping in the bottom left..

Oh I love that double strand of Renee Russo ..

What size do you think it is ? 8-9mm ?

Katie, I too watched the Gwyneth Paltrow version, but fell in love with her earrings instead of the necklace...the pearls stuck 3 together like a triangle. I wore them for years. One problem- the way I tended to grasp them by the edges when taking them off made for several repairs.

Ohhh I didn't notice the earrings, they sound lovely - you have given me an excuse to watch again and drool !

I've watched Grace Kelly in Rear Window about a zillion times just to look at her pearls.
Have you seen that bracelet she wears? It's to die for!
barbie

Of course what's not to like about Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly anyway?

Diane Keaton looks a million dollars in those pics. - thanks for posting them Knotty.

Sigh, Grace Kelly looked great no matter what she wore....

Grace Kelly wore Mikis when she was married, but I haven't been able to get a good look at her crown. Anybody? Anybody?

She wore two different pearl bracelets in Rear Window. Oops! How'd he get there!

Attachments

• grace1.jpg
    grace1.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 39
  • grace3.jpg
    grace3.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 38
  • sean connery.jpg
    sean connery.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Sheath dresses and pearls? What's not to like??
I love Michelle Obama's purple sheath--and the pearls! (gimme a break NYT:rolleyes:)

Attachments

• jk.jpg
    jk.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 40
Jackie O's infamous triple strand is faux. Kenneth J. Lane.

Grace Kelly wore Mikis when she was married, but I haven't been able to get a good look at her crown. Anybody? Anybody?

She wore two different pearl bracelets in Rear Window. Oops! How'd he get there!

Oh Knotty -- Sean is sooo swoon-worthy! :D

:eek: faux?! actually the faux that my boss wear looks like million dollar white ssp. They look incredibly lustrous. However, I don't enjoy the idea of wearing faux pearls. I prefer the weight of the real stuff.

The "good" fakes are prett much the same weight as the real thing... they can be weighted so that they replicate the way our good pearls move on our skin... Plenty of bad fakes around though - light as a feather, look and feel like plastic.. The ones Blaire posted a while ago look pretty good, here are some baroques..

059FF06.jpg

I actually sell quite a lot of these - a lovely friend of mine is travelling at the moment to a country with serious security issues - she has stunning diamonds and pearls - won't take any of them with her - her "fakes" are making the journey instead!

Did not know that.haHA
Faux or no, the look is fantastic.

That Kenneth J. Lane necklace of Jackie O's sold at auction for $200K or in that area as I recall. I could live with that kind of faux necklace.

I have no problem with fauxs. They are fun, inexpensive, Swarovski fauxs are resistant to perfumes and such, but they only last a year before they begin to chip. I love shell pearls. Lots of fun there, too.

Nerida, those are faux? Wow! Never seen that shape before. Those look really nice.

Yes, these are my "fabulous fakes" range - set as above retails for less than $150.. they are good fun, as you say, and I am completely up-front about their status in the pearl world. I also have lots of the multicolored ones like Blaire posted once. It would be fun, but somewhat tedious, to source and put together a graduated 3 strand faux necklace! I don't think these chip like the Swarovski ones - haven't noticed an chips on any that I've had.

Meryl Streep as "Miranda Priestly" in THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA ,wears a strand of tahitians that are killer huge. I think I have watched that part of the movie a dozen times just to see that stand of pearls. Addict, yes?

Did not see the movie--had to find an image! I am Tahitian baroque obsessed right now.

Wish the photo was not cut off at the bottom.

Nerida, I've never seen faux baroques--how cool! Fauxroques.:)

Attachments

• devil-wears-prada-MS.jpg
    devil-wears-prada-MS.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 40
Did not see the movie--had to find an image! I am Tahitian baroque obsessed right now.)

OMG that makes two of us. Those are FABULOUS, especially contrasted against that white shirt. I wonder how much a set of 12-15mm or so (do you think that's about the size?) Tahitian baroques would go for.... will have to research tonight to see if anything is out there! WOW!!

OMG that makes two of us. Those are FABULOUS, especially contrasted against that white shirt. I wonder how much a set of 12-15mm or so (do you think that's about the size?) Tahitian baroques would go for.... will have to research tonight to see if anything is out there! WOW!!

I'm guessing that's the size, and I'm guessing, at that quality, it would be a goodly amount.:p

I have a modestly sized strand coming my way--very excited about this--my first strand of Tahitians! Will post when it arrives!

Back