The Colors of 2014 Tahitians

Frost Me

I want to share how pretty the colors were coming out today. I am combining a few strands that were purchased at the PP Tahitian Sale from August 2014, and also adding in some light colored pearl drops from ThePearlHouse for a rope. I don't seem to wear these two 18" peacock strands much so I thought I would give them some new energy and life!

With the up and coming sales, my hope is that a remodel might save my temptation with hubby's credit card.

Attachments

• IMG_4657.jpg
    IMG_4657.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Sometimes I can't believe how pretty pearls are, all so different and organic, one can really see them when you tear in to strands.

Still a work in process. I might attempt to string! Yikes!

IMG_4669.jpg

IMG_4670.jpg

Most anyone can knot with patience and a little practice. There are several very helpful videos on the Lowly Beaders section. Beader's Secret thread (available from Pattye) is a wonderful thread and very forgiving :)

Thanks Marianne, I have wanted to learn for a long time, I think would enjoy it. I will start watching videos.

Thank you Luvglitz, Sales are coming this week from many vendors.

Thank you Pearl Dreams, I feel the light pearls really change it up I still have a few more to add. I would love to add a few gold or pistachio drops.

Attachments

• IMG_4663.jpg
    IMG_4663.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Oh my, but those are delicious <3

Stringing is the best! It's so much fun to be able to put together and tweak your own pieces. Then keep redoing them!

I will be seeking your supplies and guidance Pattye, thanks for your encouragement!

You have beautiful tahitians! :)
I can't wait for my supplies to arrive, that I can continue my projects!

I love the mix of colors! And it's really fun to re-knot and re-purpose these beauties! With a longer rope, will you point all the drops in the same direction or orient them to point from the middle outward? Or knot sort of randomly like a harvest necklace? ...I can never decide which style I like best!

battah, I keep redoing them now, temporary wire helps with a quick redo, thanks for your sweet comments.

Katbran, Jac's pearls really have changed up and lighted the look, before they were so solid green shorter strands and I loved them in the Fall in Winter months. Lengthening really brings out the colors and more light reflection. Around the neck the peacock is showing, I am loving them more now!

Back