The big strand

Congratulations!!!

My daughter used the first photo of this necklace on the cover page of her paper about pearls.
Actually, she used a lot of photos from PP in her paper.

Sheila

Interesting. It must feel great to have sold such a necklace.

I`m so jealous I can?t buy something like that myself, even though I prefer golden south seas. If I were rich I?d buy this one instead http://www.pearlparadise.com/detail.aspx?ID=933 . I just love the dark golden colours in it... And then I?d buy tahitians for the money I save on not buying a strand for 460 k USD. Maybe I could take baths in them... Or maybe not, because that?d probably damage them.

If I were rich I?d buy this one instead http://www.pearlparadise.com/detail.aspx?ID=933 . I just love the dark golden colours in it... And then I?d buy tahitians for the money I save on not buying a strand for 460 k USD.

Oooh that's exactly how I feel! It's a good thing I don't have half the money, either, or I'd be PMing you trying to the set up a sharing plan. Kinda like a timeshare. :p Hmmm... I probably can afford 1% of the necklace... only 99 more participants to go. That gives me what - a whole 3.65 days a year with it? ;-) Yikes!

I'm easy ... I'm just saving for a nice multicolor Tahitian strand for Christmas. Seems doable.

I've been looking at that beautiful thing for more than a year. If the picture is true, and if Natalie took it, it must be she's terrific, then the color is unbeatable. I never cared one way or the other about WSS's before I saw that necklace. Now I'm completely obsessed. However, I get migraines if I have anything heavy around my neck. So, I have no desire to own something like that.
On the other hand, it's hard to imagine anyone wearing it much. I think it must be more of an investment piece. It's a shame in a way. Something that beautiful should be loved. I wouldn't mind just running my hands over it from time to time. Looking at the shine. Admiring it.
barbie

the alternative thought is that everyone will think whoever is in fact wearing cheapo shell pearls!

Unless, they're worn in the right place... If even in 'public' so to speak. Not all jewelry is good for the media is it? (i.e. some may look 'fake', some never does...)

Anyway. If a picture of those ever surfaces in the press, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to recognize them: how many similar strands could be strutting around anyway? ;)

Back