The Bain of Sellers - Buyer Remorse

Hi Sueki,

on most what you said I would agree wholeheartedly but in my opinion this buyer has forfeited every right to give back the ring and getting back money as she listed it on her own - already when doing that she has confirmed that the ring is hers.

Hi Jerin,
Yes, sorry, that's exactly what I was trying to say. The very fact that the buyer listed the ring would imply that she was happy with the transaction and that said transaction was completed satisfactorily.
However, it would appear from Bo's last post that the buyer has filed a complaint with Paypal, presumably a s.n.a.d.
If this is the case, it's odds on that Paypal will side with the buyer.
In which case, the requirement will be that the buyer returns the ring by trackable means. When Paypal check the tracking and see that it's been received by Bo, they will refund the buyer.

Don't see how her argument holds up if she's relisted ... if she sells the ring she will have nothing to return to Dawn even if paypal rules in her favor. Just not sure what she's trying to do. I personally wouldn't have bid over US$400 for something that is not certified. She made a mistake and she needs to deal with it, even if Dawn did not research the trademark. That username rings a bell ... I've seen it somewhere before and that's not usually a good thing.

On another note, I do appreciate free gifts from bona fide sellers who want to maintain a good reputation. I buy alot of J-pop CDs online and this particular seller not only sends it out by EMS, she also includes a full-price gift CD. I've gotten a few songs I really wanted this way even without asking. I'm starting to get repeats now though ...

Having said all that, I'd still be reluctant to sell on ebay. I was toying with the idea if I find a few more nice strands of the exotic pearls, but I'd probably be unwilling to part with them in the end. If I did sell I'd probably not allow returns either as I'm unlikely to sell for a profit, and I really don't have the time to deal with it. Not a commercial venture.

Not only has she relisted, it is relisted with NO RETURNS in capital letters.......... She made a big mistake by not just sending it back when requested.

Hi All,

Yes, she has relisted again. I think her reasoning is that she is saying to PayPal it is worthless by listing it so low. I thought it was a lovely ring and really liked it. Wanted to list some nice items that I didn't make and went to one of my jewellery box. Not my pearl jewellery box and decided to part with that one. I did think it was an Emerald but I couldn't be positive. Funny thing is now I have a lot of Emerald items listed :) but sourced by myself. Makes a difference. Actually she is not trying to use the Emerald part of it, she is using that I said it was not modern, which apparently it isn't. But the thing is we talked a lot on emails and she is the one that actually talked me into the fact that it was old. I thought it was but only changed my listing after talking to her. She collects Black Hills Gold rings etc and I think she knew all along it wasn't old. But it is not flimsy and is so well made.

I have asked for it to be returned to me for a refund but it could sell with that low price on it.

Her stalking wasn't only after she decided it was too big for her finger. She was emailing me under different names asking stupid questions about other items. I didn't realise it was her until all hell hit the fan. I don't know why she decided to come after me but that is just the way it feels to me. As if somehow it was intentional. I know that sounds looney tunes but .... well it seems that way to me.

Actually I did send her the present because I thought she had paid top dollar. I often do send presents to good customers but not generally such expensive ones.

The Underbidder turned out to be legit too. I checked up on that and saw that they now have bought 2 items, one an Emerald ring or something and another item I can't remember. I am so tired as I have been trying to catch up on work. Haven't slept in so long I can't think straight.

Thanks for the support, especially Caitlin and Jerin, Pattye and others. I don't schill bid on my own items :) that is a great way to loose customers. I hate it being done to me and often when it is done it is fairly obvious. If anyone wants to check up they only have to look at some of the items that have gone dirt cheap. That is ebay and that is the way it is. Win some, loose some. When I saw that a 0 feedbacker was the one that bid the buyer up I was horrified and that is another reason I sent the pendant. Turns out it was just a carried away newbie with more money than sense.

The buyer wanted a partial refund of $250. She wanted the ring, the pendant and not to pay for the $53 extra dollars postage. She hasn't paid of course and she wants to keep all. I don't know what is going on at the moment and probably won't for 2 or 3 weeks. I am just trying to put it behind me for the time being. Not easy though. I did offer her a refund but not what she wanted and then I felt like I was being blackmailed so I just dug my heels in.

Dawn - thanks guys. Hope this makes sense because I am so tired it could be gibberish for all I would know.

Dawn - I really hope that this awful experience doesn't put you off selling your other gorgeous pieces. You really do have some nice things - if I was in the market I would definitely be looking seriously!

Also I just hope you can put it behind you and don't let it get you down too much - she sounds like an awful buyer - remember there are lots of lovely ones out there too!

Nerida. - hope you get some rest!!

The listing now states:

"The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale."

So-- did PayPal tell her to send it back? Or did she sell it privately, or decide to keep it?

Back