The 7 strand natural pearls that sold for over 9 millions $ in Geneva yesterday

I agree with GemGeek, Congratulations, you definitely deserve the recognition. Thank you for sharing it all with us!

Before leaving Sotheby's to go to the evening Christie's sale of the famous 7 strands, here is an overview of the display room including the place where the 59 carats pink diamond was displayed too.

Attachments

• P1210664-sotheby's-beau-rivage-geneve-preview-room.jpg
    P1210664-sotheby's-beau-rivage-geneve-preview-room.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 48
Then let's take of breath of fresh air and cross the town using a small boat instead of the bus, here are what I encounter was I disembarked

Then let's take of breath of fresh air and cross the town using a small boat instead of the bus, here are what I encounter was I disembarked
missing photo of Geneva

Attachments

• P1210785-geneve-le-paquis.jpg
    P1210785-geneve-le-paquis.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 55
So after leaving Sotheby's preview, crossing the Rhone and meeting the welcome committee of swans, lets' come back to Christies evening sale where "The Orange" (the largest orange diamond in the world) was for sale.
This is a photo of the lobby where the sale took place, and the famous 7 strand pearls at the very beginning of sale ...
(well PG put all photos in disorder)

Attachments

• P1210685-hotel-4-seasons-christie's.jpg
    P1210685-hotel-4-seasons-christie's.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 56
  • P1210693-Christie's-salle-vente copie.jpg
    P1210693-Christie's-salle-vente copie.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 51
  • P1210706-perles-7-rangs.jpg
    P1210706-perles-7-rangs.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 46
Gasp! World's largest orange diamond! I am waiting in suspense over here...

Yeah, on tuesday the largest orange diamond and on wednesday the largest pink diamond in the world,
that was worth the visit ! and all the pearls as big big bonus !!

It's a great bonus to visit any of the auction houses for their previews before a jewelry auction. Check online for any of the venues, e.g. Christies.com, for when the jewelry auctions are. In NYC, they are always the same time of year and in conjunction with other houses so you can maximize a trip! In most cases, you can actually handle the jewelry with the exception of pieces like the largest orange diamond and pink diamonds! I usually work the Christies previews and it would be wonderful to meet any of you there.

The strand was not in the salesroom, but only by looking at that giant photo it was breathless, the glow, the matching strands, were amazing.
So the sale started very quietly, but the price rose sharply, then there were special moments when the auctioneer went from a person to another very quickly and you have to keep attention to follow what was happening.
And there were other moments, a kind of "heavy" silence floated in the room and it was nearly oppressive, when he created some dramatic suspense, teasing bidders to get higher offers, this atmosphere I did not see it for stones.

http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/...ven-strand-natural-pearl-5738843-details.aspx

The strands composed of seventy-five, seventy-six, eighty-one, eighty-seven, ninety-one, one hundred, and one hundred and four graduated round to button-shaped natural pearls, measuring approximately 17.05 to 5.1 mm, to the old-mine diamond-set bar clasp, shortest row 53.5 cm
614 saltwater pearls, from white to cream with distinct ros? and green overtones

More later

Attachments

• P1210708-perles-7-rangs.jpg
    P1210708-perles-7-rangs.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
"Spectacular" does not adequately describe that 7 strand necklace. Glorious, magnificent, stunning, elegant, timeless, and well, just delicious! And with that clasp...perfection!

And now it reaches 6,5 millions of swiss francs, and the auctioneer is teasing the bidders, left, right, with theatrical effects ...

Attachments

• P1210714-perles-7-rangs.jpg
    P1210714-perles-7-rangs.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 45
And this is the final hammer price (without taxes and premium) yes 7,3 millions for a 7 strands, WOW.

Attachments

• 8607409092 47df38394c c
    8607409092 47df38394c c
    48.8 KB · Views: 56
Back