Tahitians and their cool shapes

JerseyPearl

I'm thinking about using these on a charm bracelet...but haven't decided just yet. I love their unique shapes and colors. I thought it would be cool to start a thread about the various and unique shapes of Tahitians. Anyone else have photos to share? IMG_3004.jpg

JerseyPearl, those babies should have Names, they're so cute! Here's my favorite shapes:

3 Pearl Pendant and Earrings Low Res.jpg

Top Down: Cutest little Tahitian Keshi pearl, then a precious single circled Tahitian, then a big Tahitian drop with a bit of shaping help from Galatea :) Coordinating Blossom earrings. Genius pairing from Pearl Paradise, and one of the most versatile pieces I own and LOVE. Alone on a long gold snake chain, up at the throat, or fancied up framed inside some Tahitian ropes :) LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.

Great idea for a thread!

I hope you do use those pearls for a charm bracelet, JP. They deserve to be looked at.

Cathy what a treat to see that gorgeous set again!

Ckrickett, please share pics of your favorite pearls in your harvest strand : )

Thanks all :) I had to go back and look through my notes ... the little faceted stones are aquamarines; the color is a bit more on the green side than blue, and shade gently to compliment the pearls so well. The bail is gold pressed into a pattern and formed by John at PP. Thanks to amazing artists at PP; the pendant is a brilliantly harmonious combination, and one of my very favorite pieces!

Of the pearls I have, probably just one has a more unusual shape.
This is a pearl ring designed by an Italian designer Annamaria Cammilli, carried by & purchased from one of my jeweler in Taipei (Ferri).
I luuuv this ring - love the setting itself, and the pearl is so lustrous. I think it is most likely a SSP Keshi, but I really don't know for sure...

I sometimes call it the runaway pearl because this is the only pearl jewelry I have where the pearl actually fell off.
I was at a slightly divy bar at my previous job having a bite with coworkers after work. When I realized the pearl fell off, I freaked out and made everyone get on the floor and scrubbed for the pearl. As it turns out, the pearl was just sitting on the floor serenely because of the odd shape. If it was a round-ish pearl, it would have rolled into the gutter and I would have never retrieved it.

I'm wearing it today!
14. Baroque Pearl.jpgIMG_8562.jpgIMG_3876.jpg

That is an amazing ring, Purranha! It would have been terrible to lose a pearl like that.

Fun thread!! I don't have any Tahitians :( but I do have a FW silver-blue keshi that is shaped like a mitten!

Purranha, that's a lovely, and very interesting pearl ... I'd have made everyone search the floor too :)

Wow, what a gorgeous ring, Purranha. Stunning.

Since there was a request for unusual shaped pearls, here's the Swan and the Hamantaschen, again.

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

I'm still trying to decide what to do with the Hamantaschen.

Back