Tahitian temptation sale

I love your strands, BWeaves. I think they are both beautiful and meaningful. I’ve recently realized how hard it is to photograph Tahitians well. I hope the ringed strand I ordered will arrive in a timely manner, though it’s fun to have a postal delivery to look forward to.

multichrome, your circled tahitian strand is really pretty. If you ordered it from China it's likely that you have to wait for a while. The swedish postal service anounced three days ago that it's not possible to send mail to china and that mail from China will take a very long time, because china post has stopped any mail requiring a personal encounter. Hopefully they are wrong and that your strand arrives soon.
Bweaves, the all Josh strand is so gorgeous and the clasp is adorable. It looks great together with the tahitian tincup and the red linen.

Charlotta, thank you for reminding me to factor in the idea that any postal mail from China may be a long time arriving. I probably should have waited to order, but that particular strand was so appealing to me. I guess we’ll see what happens!

I noticed that Vivid Linen in Hong Kong have a blurb on their website that they are closed until further notice because of the corona virus. Originally they were closed for Chinese New Year, and they just extended their closure and keeping their employees home.

I had ordered some pretty folding fans off Etsy, not realizing the vendor was in Hong Kong. My package is somewhere in the mail system, but I'm not expecting it anytime soon, either.

Wendy from Pearlescense and me will go to Hong Kong early March, many offices of fresh and oyster pearls are open.

I do hope that you and Wendy has a great Hongkong visit in march and that the virus is under control then. We wouldn't want you two to get sick (well I don't want anyone to get sick). Stay safe and Happy pearl hunting.

Hello, this is my first post on this forum after a period of time lurking and admiring everyone's wonderful gems. BWeaves, I think the All-Josh strand looks even better in your real-life photo than on the Kamoka website! Such a visually interesting composition.

This multicolour drop strand is my first foray into Tahitians, courtesy of Pearl Paradise's recent site-wide sale (it wasn't one of the specially selected "Tahitian Temptation" strands). Apologies in advance if this uploads upside-down.

IMG_2451.JPG

Still not sure if it suits me and my wardrobe, but I think it's an objectively lovely strand and I paid a high import fee, so will probably keep it.

Hi Ann G - Gorgeous Tahitians, and welcome to the forum.

Ann G, your new tahitian strand is gorgeous and looks great on you. I think that tahitians looks great on most skintones and I also think that they are great with most clothes as well. I wear pearls everyday and I mostly wears jeans.

Welcome, Ann G. I think that Tahitian strand is beautiful, visually interesting, and looks fabulous on you. Don't worry too much about wardrobe ... really nice pearls like this will influence your wardrobe ;).

Ann G, that's gorgeous!!!! I think Tahitians are great jeans pearls.

Thank you for your kind words, Octavia's Mom, Red, Charlotta, CathyKeshi and BWeaves. CathyKeshi, I guess you are right about pearls influencing wardrobe choices. I may have to start wearing more open-necked tops and fewer collared shirts to work!

BWeaves - I love the look of the Josh Strand outside .. the lighter pearls show up more. And the circles are very colourful !!

I love the mixed size necklaces. I've been gathering pearls to make another one - Cees has some nice big loose Tahitians picked out for me !

AnnG - Well that's unlucky that you got hit at customs for duty. I've been lucky with my imports and haven't been picked up in ages. Importing into Australia used to be so great with that 1000$ free limit. Now they can charge on anything. But I bring in pearls from all over and I think I only got hit once a few years ago. Fingers crossed for the future. Sadly it is a fact of life now and something to be factored in when shopping on line.

That's lucky, Katbran. Maybe I should reduce my future risk by buying pearls from you :)

BWeaves, both your new strands are beautiful! Wear them in good health :) (Turkish saying) I especially love the All-Josh strand - I hadn't seen a strand like that, with the sizes and colors randomly mixed along the strand.

Multichrome, love your T strand! I hope the Mail Gods cooperate and it comes sooner rather than later so we can all enjoy photos of it in your hand. :)

Ann G, your strand is also very beautiful! Definitely a keeper! I will admit that of the three T strands I bought over the last month or so, one has never been worn, one has been worn only once, and one has been worn maybe two or three times. However, I take them out and look at them at least once a day, and that gives me great pleasure.

Welcome Ann G. What a delightful new strand from PP. The T's color and overtones are splendid and go so well your skin tone. I have a feeling you will be wearing that strand quite a bit and find it goes well with many pieces in your wardrobe.

Multichrome, you new T strand is gorgeous. I love all the different colors on that strand, and the luster is very nice. Please post a picture when you wear the strand. Oh so pretty.

BWeaves, your new pictures of the two new Kamoka strands are lovely. The ALL Josh strand is wonderful and looks so nice with your clothing and your ropes from Kojima. Oh so pretty. And I am still drooling over your Coral Atoll....that is one elegant strand ! The colors are charming and look so well with your skin tone. You wear it well.

Thank you, AzFlyGirl and Incik Boncuk. Incik, I know what you mean about looking at them least once a day, even if you don't put them on...Tahitians seem to be hypnotic! Which of your strands is getting the most wear so far - I'm guessing The Standout? They're all lovely though. The overtones of the Bordeaux strand look wonderful on your neck.

Multichrome, I forgot to add that your circled strand looks very pretty too; just as colourful as your name. The wait should be worth it :)

Thank you, AzFlyGirl and Incik Boncuk. Incik, I know what you mean about looking at them least once a day, even if you don't put them on...Tahitians seem to be hypnotic! Which of your strands is getting the most wear so far - I'm guessing The Standout? They're all lovely though. The overtones of the Bordeaux strand look wonderful on your neck.

Multichrome, I forgot to add that your circled strand looks very pretty too; just as colourful as your name. The wait should be worth it :)

Surprisingly, The Standout is the one that's never been worn!! But I do think it's my favorite. Definitely hypnotic! Any time the light changes, I run to get them to see how they look in *that* light! ;) The one I have worn most so far is the first one I got, unnamed - multicolor off-round (not part of the Tahitian Temptation sale).

BWeaves, both your new strands are beautiful! Wear them in good health :) (Turkish saying) I especially love the All-Josh strand - I hadn't seen a strand like that, with the sizes and colors randomly mixed along the strand.

Merhaba! Kamoka has been making "harvest" strands for several years. A harvest strand is a combination of all the different shapes, sizes and colors of pearls from a single pearl harvest, and can include rounds and really baroque keshi that grew in a pearl sac from a previously harvested pearl. Normally, pearls are collected over the years, and then carefully matched, so they go together. The harvest strands are the exact opposite. The All-Josh strand is extra special as I've met Josh, and because it's the first year he's cultured pearls in 20 years, there are no second harvest keshi in this harvest. They're mostly rounds or near round.

Here's an example of another harvest strand:

https://kamokapearls.com/collections/strands/products/tahitian-pearl-harvest-strand-3

Back