Tahitian Pearl Colors....

maiakity

I'm sure that this has been explained before but I did a quick search of this forum and I couldn't find an explaination...can anyone tell me why the colors of baroque/circled tahitian pearls seem so much more vivid than on round tahitians? I've been doing a lot of pearl-browsing, and find myself really drawn to the vivid tahitian colors. I know that the round and drop tahitians are considered more valuable, but I find myself much more drawn to the more brilliantly colored baroque/circled pearls. Anyone else with me on this one?

I couldn't agree more. The organic-looking, wonderfully circled and gorgeous tahitians that sparkle and colour merge are wonderful, to my eyes.

I am wondering if the reason is due to alternative light and shadows due to the circles... I love them too.

Has there ever been a circled round pearl? It may just be that the mix of colours appears more colourful due to being so close together...the colours look pretty colourful on a good mixed strand of rounds too

Color bands always seem to pinch the pearl ever so slightly or is it the other way around??? Either way, they definitely have more variety of color. The physical banding for sure comes with a stronger tendency for color.

Has there ever been a circled round pearl? It may just be that the mix of colours appears more colourful due to being so close together...the colours look pretty colourful on a good mixed strand of rounds too

I didn't think circled round pearls exist. I have never seen one in the past until 2 days ago at Margo Tahitian Pearl in Honolulu ( they are Tahiti Pearl Market in French Polynesia). The pearl was 20mm, round, with 2 or 3 rings around it, light silvery green with very good luster. Certainly a collector's item or for a man with very thick neck. I accidentally dropped it on the glass counter while examining it. Fortunately for me the glass was not damaged.

Back