Tahitian bracelets: baroque, leather, misc.

Hanaleimom

I knotted 3 bracelets sent by Jeremy the night before I left on vacation. Yes, I am crazy considering I didn't start packing until that night. They were conversational pieces when I went to Tahiti Pearl Market and several pearl stores. People were asking whether they are one bracelet wrapped around thrice or 3 separate bracelets. I like using lobster clasps to make it easier to put on. They really shimmer with pink against green and possess nice luster. They are about 9-11mm, I believe.

Attachments

• IMG_3820_1.jpg
    IMG_3820_1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3821_1.jpg
    IMG_3821_1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3822_1.jpg
    IMG_3822_1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3823_1.jpg
    IMG_3823_1.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Here are some photos (wearing the bracelets) taken near the monk seal on Poipu beach at the Sheraton Kauai, on the lanai (balcony), and close-up of monk seal.

Attachments

• IMG_3758trim.jpg
    IMG_3758trim.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3748trim.jpg
    IMG_3748trim.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3754_1.jpg
    IMG_3754_1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
The pearl from this leather bracelet was from TPO. It was an AA+ pearl on silk cord with silver clasp. I reamed the hole larger and put it on leather with 2 roundel gold beads. It fits my ankle as well as my wrist. :D

Attachments

• IMG_3824_1.jpg
    IMG_3824_1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 39
The pearls from this pendant are from my loot necklace, 2008. I had Elia removed 2 small pearls near the clasp and put on eye screws to wear as earrings on hoops. On Wednesday, I put them on jump rings and glued them on the Pinctada Margaritifera shell I received as gift from Tahiti Pearl Market (so they don't move to the inside when I lean over, etc.) . They drilled the hole on the shell and put on gold wire loop, so it was prepped for the jump rings.

Attachments

• IMG_3825_1.jpg
    IMG_3825_1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
This is a stretch bracelet from Tahiti Pearl Market. Some pearls are semi-round and slightly blemished but the luster is razor sharp. The colors are really yummy such as chocolate, pistachio, cherry, eggplant, you name it. I knotted between pearls fearing if the elastic snaps, my pearls would be all over the floor. And I really don't want those pearls missing in action. To hide the end knot, I used gold laser bead, but had to add 3 extra ones to make the bracelet look more pleasing instead of just one bead. Notice the right hand side of the bracelet in the first photo, the pearl between the pistachio and gold bead is intense peacock with deep rose overtone. I then turned the same pearl to the other side and it is green.

Attachments

• IMG_3826.jpg
    IMG_3826.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3827.jpg
    IMG_3827.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Cathy, these are absolutely stunning! What a fantastic set of jewelry. And WOW on the 3 bracelets worn together!

These are beautiful! One of these days (maybe when no longer a student and gainfully employed again) I aspire to purchase some Tahitians from Jeremy. In the meantime, I love looking at your pictures! Kate

Great work! Those pearl bracelets with the gold pearls are very colorful and look stunning together.

Those pearls from Tahitian Market are something else !!! Love what you did with them... And wearing 3 other bracelets together makes quite a statement... I like statements !!!!

Wow - those are all great. I am drooling over the colors (darn it, there goes another keyboard...) I have a Tahitian pearl anklet that I wear frequently, as well. There is just something fun about wearing a pearl like that in a relatively unexpected place.

oh wow, those are gorgeous!! I would love to have three bracelets! I have pearls coming that I am going to make a bracelet for myself with (Tahitians), now you have me thinking....hmmm...more than one is even nicer! uh oh! Really good work on them too, they are lovely. I hope I can do as good a job! yikes! Boy, I'd love to get to that Pearl Market, sounds like heaven!!!

Back