Tahitian blizzard projects

Ok, so I also made another necklace as the snow came down last night. It's an old necklace of mine from the late 80s or early 90s. I always felt this piece needed something...and I think I found the perfect addition. The pearls are my latest batch from Jac, circled Tahitians. Given the circles of the necklace links, circled Tahitians are the perfect pairing! IMG_2981.jpgIMG_2984.jpgIMG_2990.jpg

All photos taken with my iPhone, in natural light from the windows in my bedroom...you can see them reflected in the pearls.

Oh, now that's just brilliant, JerseyPearl! The pearls are beautiful.

Lovely projects!! I love the addition of tahitians to that necklace. What a great makeover! I am also in love with the euro shank on that ring -- where did you find it?

Darn , none of my posts from yesterday made it on..I am definitely having trouble with the server.

OK - Love the revamp of your necklace... great idea. And how wonderful to be far more inclined to wear it..such a waste of money to have things sitting a jewellery box and never seeing the light of day. It's gorgeous! Jac's pearls are really lovely !

And I love the ring..love the shape!

Well it's not a blizzard here...but it was over 100 for days...so stuck inside. This is my bad weather project:
I've been fiddling with some earrings and necklace. 4mm square SS wire - Jac's 10mm off round pearls - the pearls are just pushed on and not glued...I have a lot more polishing to do .. got a bit sloppy with my tool marks. :mad: Hopefully the photos load :) IMG_0444.jpgIMG_0435.jpgIMG_0563.jpg

Well...two are upside down ... I have no idea how to correct that lol

Now .... a question about threaders. LadyD mentioned the little half hoopy thingy .... I'm trying to picture the size of all of this stuff. The chain must be like .9? and the hoopy thing 1.0? I'm trying to sort out how comfortable they are .. I'm assuming the chain is attached to the hoop thingy or else it would move and change lengths. Anyone have an idea as to how these compare to each other?

Last edited:
Finally I can see that necklace in post #21-- really great way to liven up the necklace!

Wow, those are gorgeous! I love the bars and pearls together. Did you make these findings? They are really great.

On the threaders, there is a little round wire, .8mm, and the chain is .6mm. I assume that the threader with the U shaped bar is also at .8mm? I ordered them from Rio Grande. It seems that they no longer sell the one with the pearl cap (at least I couldn't find it on their site).

Last edited:
Weird, both photos were on the thread, right side up last night. Trying again, for Katbran:

KatbranPearls2.jpg

Hope this photo Stays ... those green pearls are too pretty not to see close up, Katbran :)

I love that large ring necklace with the extra pearls. Everything about it is gorgeous.

JP, I'm not much of an earring gal, but your cherries are drop dead gorgeous! Love what you did with the circled necklace too. Makes it a very fun and young piece!

Katbran, the green on those pearls match perfectly and what a neat finding to show them off with! Beautiful!

Back