Sticker shock!

• Thread starter PearlBirthstone
  • Start date
P

PearlBirthstone

I was out today and stopped into a jewerly store in town and found the Sea Magic line by Mikimoto. Their 7mm - 7.5mm platinum was $2000! :eek: I was amazed at how much they were charging for those pearls. They were very nice, but it seemed a little out there in price from what I have read on this forum. Just thought I would share. At least I know what the size differences are and I could not tell that 7.5mm and 8mm were so very different.:D

Also, keep in mind that the Sea Magic line is not even thier top grade. These are lower grade strands that are produced specifically for mall jewelry stores to sell.

Hi Pearl.

Congrats on doing your research! I know you will find a great necklace. Isn't it marvelous how the online dealers have kicked butt on prices?

Ask that sea magic dealer in your town where they recommend appraisals and take your new online necklace there. It willl appraise like the Sea Magic or better.

Good luck

Hi Caitlin & Stephen,

Thanks to this site I know I will save not only money, but find a much better quality pearl necklace! :D Everyone is so knowledgeable and I could not have been any luckier on finding this site. I am looking forward to buying my necklace very soon! THANKS!:)

sticker shock

sticker shock

if you think that's bad, go price real mikimoto pearls at bailey banks and biddle.

PearlBirthstone said:
Hi Caitlin & Stephen,

Thanks to this site I know I will save not only money, but find a much better quality pearl necklace! :D Everyone is so knowledgeable and I could not have been any luckier on finding this site. I am looking forward to buying my necklace very soon! THANKS!:)
Your welcome. As always, if there is any information that I can give you to help with your decision just let me know.

ladykemma said:
if you think that's bad, go price real mikimoto pearls at bailey banks and biddle.

i went to the mikimoto store in vegas last year and posted a bit about what i saw.
"i believe the 18", 7.5 mm AAA strand retailed for about $10,200. the 18", 7.5 mm AA was about $6,200."

https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143

much like buying a ferrari (which i also looked at in vegas), you pay through the nose for the name, not just the product.:eek:

Back