Some marvelous peacock colors

It was your marvelous Tahitian drops on your huggies...that prompted me to order my very first Tahitian drops from PP. It was love at first sight...I had never seen pearls so colorful before!

Ah. These.

image.jpg

Happy that I found a slightly less colourful giant friend for them recently. *smile*

image.jpg

Who could not love those earrings? They make me smile every time I see them.

Those earrings are to die for. If I could find Tahitians that looked like that, and with diamonds, to boot. Whew!

Thank you ladies. I was very lucky to meet those pearls. Maybe we can all put in a request to Jacques for such super peacock (? How do you describe the colors anyway?) pearls? :)

Icy those pearls in your first photo are of an astounding quality. The combination of super sharp luster and such great color makes them supreme and rare gems. Congratulations they are just so beautiful! I come across pearls like those once in a while but overall, they are very difficult to purchase at reasonable prices. The second picture you posted is a more approachable quality. Still great color and nice luster, just not quite as astounding! :rolleyes: But a very high quality pearl overall, don't get me wrong! In the end - it really all just comes down to price and how much one is willing to pay.

The conversation in this post and the pics of Icy's beauties have made me think of another pearl I recently ran across that I'd like to share. There were only three in the lot, but they were also amazing. Look at that luster - and what a rare, gorgeous and deep color.
Mix-of-greens.jpg

Last edited:
My goodness, They look like blue glass! The luster is unbelievable! Magnificent pearls.

Icy those pearls in your first photo are of an astounding quality. The combination of super sharp luster and such great color makes them supreme and rare gems. Congratulations they are just so beautiful! I come across pearls like those once in a while but overall, they are very difficult to purchase at reasonable prices. The second picture you posted is a more approachable quality. Still great color and nice luster, just not quite as astounding! :rolleyes: But a very high quality pearl overall, don't get me wrong! In the end - it really all just comes down to price and how much one is willing to pay.

Jacques: the drops are the same in both photos, just that the second was taken in crappy lighting. Goes to show how important good lighting is for photographing pearls! I'll post new pics of the bigger drop if I find time for better pics.

Both the drops and biggie didn't come cheap but they make me smile when I see/wear them. :)

Ooh - now I see. I should have known as the mounting reveals this! :eek: But yes, they do look very different.

{drool} One of my favorite colors!

These pearls are just breathtaking! Love them all!

The conversation in this post and the pics of Icy's beauties have made me think of another pearl I recently ran across that I'd like to share. There were only three in the lot, but they were also amazing. Look at that luster - and what a rare, gorgeous and deep color.
View attachment 38690

There are so many gorgeous selections here! Wish I had the funds...but it is fun to dream!!!!

Just purchased two of the 13mm peacocks linked in this thread to set with these from PP!
3694.jpg

Back