So pretty, but so...undrilled!

I'm not sure, but I think my drilled pearls might arrive from PP today. It was incredibly kind of Jeremy to offer his help. I may try to make the ear wires myself, though I realized I don't have all the gauges of wire I thought I did. I'll come back eventually with photos, promise!

Looking forward to those photos! Those are such "sweet' pearls :p

Well, I'm back sooner than I thought. It was a fantastic mail day, as far as small packages go. So many great things came all at once. The pearls were drilled to perfection, of course, but I'm still impressed by the care and precision it must have taken. Here are my two favorite options for the Australian South Sea pair. I must say I'm leaning toward the gold vermeil, but that figures. I love those itty bitty vermeil skulls, probably more than anyone else does. Maybe the rhodium plated silver ones with a cz accent are a safer choice.

Jeremy, I'm sending a pm, but if you see this Thank You again. You can see they both have narrow, curvy, sculpted points that needed to be drilled just so.

1210131533-1 (2) 800pix.jpg

Voting for the skulls too.... and I'm not a skull person, but it gives a nice "edginess" to the "sweetness"

You guys are the best for enabling me to choose the skulls. They're so small they mostly just look like a gold bead unless you look closely. I wish they were winning on my FB page too.

The skulls are cool but I was wondering where you got the ones on the right from. I am still looking for gold findings for the lime coloured Tahitians I got from Tuscon.

- Karin

Oh definitely go with the skulls! Love the whole edgy meets sweet vibe :cool:

Thank you, Andrea! I love leverbacks, don't you? I gave a pair of normal french wire earrings to a friend for her birthday and she promptly lost one because it wiggled out! She felt awful because she lost her gift, and I felt awful because I didn't use leverbacks or at least include plastic earring stoppers.

Pattye, if you're referring to yourself, I'm not at all surprised because you're incredibly stylish! Love it!

Karin, did you post photos of the lime Tahitians? I need to see those again! I *think* I got those findings from the Etsy seller migem, but I could be wrong because hers look a tiny bit different to me. Several sellers carry them and I bought a bunch of them in silver and vermeil ages ago. That was before I marked my supplies more carefully.

I'm thinking of doing the blocky drops as threader earrings. I'm on the fence about threaders because I've never worn them, but I like the look. I guess the plan is to keep the blocky drops and sell the others. I shouldn't, but come on, I have no white South Sea pieces of my own. This whole thing I do - buy something for myself, make something for the shop, make something for myself - is really a sh*tty business model. Those of you who also have shops, with so many more sales, clearly have it figured out much better than I do. Kudos!

Threaders that have a metal U at the top stay in place and are easier to wear -- FYI from someone who was frustrated with always pulling on the regular all-chain threaders. :)

Ah, thanks! Do the regular chain threaders shift after you pull them where you want them? Maybe the weight at the end is a problem.

Sarah, it was not these exactly but very like them. It was a fun story. I pursuaded my friend in Tuscon to hook up with the PG group and go on the pearl walk simply to help me get the colour pearl I had seen six months earlier at the gem faire in Portland. I was 'on-line' looking at the pictures she sent me while Caitlin was helping her pick out the pearls. Sadly I haven't set them yet - need something special and at least 14K.

attachment.php

- Karin

Sarah, it was not these exactly but very like them. It was a fun story. I pursuaded my friend in Tuscon to hook up with the PG group and go on the pearl walk simply to help me get the colour pearl I had seen six months earlier at the gem faire in Portland. I was 'on-line' looking at the pictures she sent me while Caitlin was helping her pick out the pearls. Sadly I haven't set them yet - need something special and at least 14K.

attachment.php

- Karin

That really IS a great story, and a great friend too. I'd love to go to Tuscon, and I'm positive my head would spin off. What unique, special pearls. Thanks for the visual!

Back