Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Yes...Yowza!!! Buckaroo Banzai!

Thank you so much Mantan, Douglas, Eolian, Echo and Jeg!!! And wow, there were some seriously amazing pearls at the 2018 Ruckus!

eolian pearls Ahh, the Bliss looks so very beautiful in its current layout...I think 32 in is the perfect length for ropes given the versatility. I don't know how you manage to have the patience to wait for so long for your pearls - After 2 weeks I am ready to go crazy, and I can't imagine a month or more!

Late to posting but yesterday wore my blue-ish WSS strand from PP. (These were my first baroque pearls!) I now love that some of the pearls look like tokki pearls, but when I first got it a few years ago from a vault sale, I almost sent it back because I was used to perfectly round FWP. So glad I didn't! Paired with WSS also from PP that I mounted on a vintage pair of studs from Etsy.
20220312_100542.jpg
20220312_094804.jpg

These are beautiful SurfnSci and yes, there are some tokkis there in the mix. The silvery color and luster in your pearls is superb!
Thank you for sharing this one with us :D

SurfnSci the place I live in has the slowest vibe ever and waiting for packages is considered a kind of a zen exercise :) which I fail at completely as I keep checking the updates on my packages at least three times a day even though 99% of the time it shows “in transit”...

I LOVE your SSP necklace! Amazing luster and color! And the baroque shapes are lovely as well; the necklace looks wonderful on you, great that you gave it a chance!

Today I am wearing my rainbow bracelet from CMW pearls, it almost almost became a part of Bliss but then I remembered that I love it so much as it is...waiting for pearly packages makes me lose control of the scissors sometimes...
83599E37-B8C3-43D1-A795-61484DD92860.jpg

Attachments

• 83599E37-B8C3-43D1-A795-61484DD92860.jpg
    83599E37-B8C3-43D1-A795-61484DD92860.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 31
Excellent size, very nice shapes...GREAT LUSTER! This bracelet is really nice @eaolian pearls :love:

Would anyone know what kind of pearls these are? I know there’re over 100 years old. But that’s all I got

Attachments

• photo72828.jpg
    photo72828.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 41
Thank you so much, Douglas and Eolian!

eolian pearls That is a stunning bracelet and I'm so glad it remains on its own, away from the scissors! The colors are lovely together and the middle pearl is just fantastic with its full rainbow overtone. Great wrist shot!

LucL To me they look like they could be akoyas versus very pretty imitation pearls, but hopefully some of the experts can weigh in to help! Are they gritty to the touch? It also might help in ID-ing them to separate the pieces and show any hallmarks on the metal. It looks like a double-stranded necklace and earrings, but I'm trying to figure out if there's also a bracelet...Love the clasp! And it's amazing to have pearls over 100 years old!

LucL To me they look like they could be akoyas versus very pretty imitation pearls, but hopefully some of the experts can weigh in to help! Are they gritty to the touch? It also might help in ID-ing them to separate the pieces and show any hallmarks on the metal. It looks like a double-stranded necklace and earrings, but I'm trying to figure out if there's also a bracelet...Love the clasp! And it's amazing to have pearls over 100 years old!

Same thing, that is why I recommended LucL to read this post and then do a new thread with more photos and follow the guidelines found HERE

I didn’t mean to break the rules, my apologies. I tried to posts a new topic but I can’t find the button to do so.

Oh don't worry LucL you didn't break a rule at all...just not where you'd best be served.

Bunny by the Bay! We met up with CathyKeshi, Walter, and Newberry for a sunny few days by the bay. Pearlie friends, great food, and a visit with Sarah, at the Kojima Studiio. More pics to come of the Kojima Studio.
88889A2B-05B8-4CDA-8529-F812FE525686.jpg

Seashells and pearls. First set is my stuffed shell pendant and subtle Tahitian ombré from Kojima (these are not new). Second set is of some new Kojima pieces. A coral and Akoya keshi necklace with tiny cowrie shell, a mother of pearl necklace with Tahitian pearl and honu (turtle) beads, and conch shell earrings with Tahitian pearls.
8176BF19-E7E3-4CAE-8C07-44F3EB4CD5D3.jpg
D8643163-E75D-4F94-8774-C84954F27037.jpg
4161C6C9-D6C3-46B5-949E-6134BBBEF1BB.jpg
A150D146-B142-4B11-8883-469996207689.jpg

Your new ( and old) pearls are absolutely beautiful @jeg!!!! Kojima Studio must be such a happy place to go on a treasure hunt to and your new beauties really give me the pirate treasures feels! Such cute necklaces and genius combinations of pearls and shells and coral and beads! The turtle beads! The heart with the red corals... :heart::heart::heart:

Oh jeg you do have to share with us some photos of your pearl gathering over at the bay! Would love to see everybody at the gathering: CathyKeshi newberry and the pearls you all had a chance to see and drool over!

Sharing. Jewelmer (www.jewelmer.com) has created these fabulous diamond earring enhancers (jackets). It fits studs from 11-12mm to 7mm perfectly. I finally purchased them in-store, but can be bought online as well. It is worth it as it enhances my studs. I also tried them with my diamond studs and it is really does it's magic on them.

NOTE: the jacket / enhancer, 12mm (GSSP) & 8mm (silvery WSSP) studs from Jewelmer. the 9mm (GSSP) studs from Macy's at the Walnut Creek, California location
IMG_3069.jpg
IMG_3073.jpg
IMG_3070.jpg
IMG_3074.jpg

jeg Such fantastic pearls!!! I also always loove your Kojima keshi-filled shell pendant; it is just so cool! Your new pieces are lovely, especially the conch earrings.

mantan09 Beautiful south sea pearls, and your new Jewelmer enhancer jackets are gorgeous!!!

Lovely. I really like the fact they can be used as jacket enhancers as well. The more options to wear: the better!

Back