Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you Charlotta and echo! Echo, such a great news!!! Your new necklace looks so pretty! The luster on those akoyas! And the whole design is just dreamy! I also love your pistacchio Australian akoyas! Wow! You truly have all kinds of beautiful pearls cultured in Australia! Another of my travel goals...

The akoya bracelet made me go back to my little pearl stash have ne playing with my circled Ts ombre rope. I am in “Charlotta mode” :) cutting and changing a few pearls here and there... Hopefully tomorrow it will be all finished and I will post some pics. Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!

Thank you very much Charlotta2.0 and eolian pearls. I’m very impressed with the little Vietnamese akoya pearls. They have a lovely depth to the shine and beautiful orient. I’m a big fan now.

eolian pearls welcome to Australia. The view is beautiful and people are friendly here. Though in all honesty it is not a great place to shop for pearls as a consumer. Retail price is ridiculously high and choice is very limited. If you want to visit the farms you may have to do a tour along the coast as they are scattered all over. The most iconic place will be Broome where famous WSS are farmed. If money is not a problem you can get top quality pearls at Paspaley by paying top dollars and being treated like a royalty. But I believe the vast majority of the WSS are shipped overseas to suppliers and dealers where demands and dollars are before they even become available on the market

I am in a cutting mode myself eolian pearls. I recently did make a bracelet with a weird bullet shaped metallic green edison pearl that I called Green Fairy (that wants your soul). However the bracelet form was wrong for that pearl. Today I wirewrapped it into a 19-21 inches long strand, rainbow style, with the green pearl as a centerpiece. I have a malicios story to go with it and everything, about the Green Fairy, the wirewrapping went great. I wirewrapped a pearl into a pendant, a pretty rainbowy edison pearl. I have also made a layout for a wavestrand, I did have some vintage akoyas left enough for a 20 inches long strand. This time I made a layout with circled mixed south sea pearls. It's the same, but the other half, akoyas as in this wavestrand. The one with the ombre south sea pearls.
_20210704_151817.JPG
I think that I would like to live in Australia or maybe New Zeeland. It seems nice

Thank you jeg, echo, eolian, charlotta for sharing in my nostalgia :heart:

echo I am sooo happy your pearls made it to you, and wow are they gorgeous! They look lovely layered, and your fiji pearl is so pretty.
eolian pearls The daytime wrist shots of your new akoya/fwp bracelet really showcase the luster and colors. It's really beautiful. The tiny pearl and bead spacers give it the perfect little extra something; that was a really cool design idea. Gosh, now I think I need an akoya/fwp bracelet! The #pearlgoals never end...
jeg Your wire-wrapped SS keshis and SS necklace are so pretty and lustrous! And what a lovely white tahitian keshi bracelet. I love white tahitians, I think because they are against the "norm" for the usual T colors.
Charlotta2.0 Those are gorgeous pearls with fantastic colors and luster!!!!

Today I'm wearing a Kamoka pearl that I repurposed from a ring (I felt it needed a change in metal color). Happy weekend, everyone!
Click image for larger version  Name:	20220122_085112.jpg Views:	0 Size:	962.0 KB ID:	459451 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220122_084323.jpg Views:	0 Size:	299.4 KB ID:	459452

Everyone looks SO lovely in pearls! I'm a bit behind. LONG AGO and far away, when my daughter was a wee thing, we watched the pearl divers at Sea World in San Diego too. Afterward, everyone else scattered to the store, we lingered to talk to the diver, who then went down just for us, brought up handsful of oysters, and daughter chose one, then I chose one. It took years for me to get them set, but I still wear mine in a simple but pretty ring, a really nice size pearl with a golden cream cast to it. Daughter's pearl was lighter in color and set in a gold leaf pendant that she wore for her wedding :). Happy memories indeed!

And, Echo, I am SO happy the courier was able to retrieve your beautiful wave strand, like a ray of sunshine around your neck ... yay!

Thanks everyone! You are all so kind! I am enjoying all the nostalgia. Happy memories indeed, Cathy. And how sweet she wore it for her wedding!

Echo! What a huge relief your strand arrived. It looks so beautiful on you and I’m so happy we have sister strands. Those Aussie Akoya! Wow! I love those so much. And then the Fiji pendant. Everything looks smashing together!

Eolian, I am looking forward to seeing your reconstructed pieces!

Charlotta, it’s always an adventure with you! Your two strands look so happy together and I always enjoy hearing about your inspirations.

SurfnSci, your Kamoka remake looks fantastic! And looks fantastic on you. You are a pro at remakes!

So, another very special strand... This is from my October visit to Kojima. I think Fuji spent all his time with me going through cards of pearls. I left them behind because they needed to be drilled. Then I needed to gather the other pieces. I knew I wanted something to separate each feather but I also didn’t want to take away from the pearls. I found these little 18kt gold beads to use. And then, the 14kt yellow gold orbit clasps had been out of stock for awhile. And then deciding on a length... I decided to make a halo around my neck. I still have four extra pearls if I change my mind, or for other projects. They are very beautiful, rare, metallic feather pearls-
7D22B576-D051-45D7-914E-1BA0EFD22E97.jpeg
8AFE1C8E-4AF7-4001-83B0-53A5F622684D.jpeg

Thank you SurfnSci and jeg. I have knotted that wavestrand now and it's really pretty.
SurfnSci, that pearl did turn into a beautiful pendant. And such a pretty pearl
jeg such stunning feather pearls. They look great on you and I do like that lenght on you for those pearls.

Thank you Charlotta, SurfnSci, Cathy and jeg for your kind words

SurfnSci your beautiful repurposed Kamoka pearl is stunning and very luscious. It looks very lovely worn as a pendant. I’ve found it’s the detail that makes or breaks a piece of jewellery. It has to be right to the wearer to be treasured. You’ve done a great job with this one.

jeg love how you call them sister strands! I’m so happy too to own one with you too ;). Your unique and rare feather pearl strand got me googling and learning about these gorges pearls. I absolutely love the colour and iridescence on them. The gold beads look marvellous with the pearls. And the length is perfect to me. I think a unique and unusual pearl strand like this is the best of them all.

Great to hear the nightmare is over! Lovely pieces...even with the light issue!

Beautiful pearls everyone...the variety in pearls, shapes and colors is SPLENDID! A wonderful way to start a beautiful-albeit slightly cold- Sunday morning!

Thank you, Charlotta, echo and Douglas! Thank you, Charlotta, I think I will keep them at this length because it lays nicely. Echo, sister pearls forever!! You probably found the information if you googled, but there is some information on the Pacific Pearls US website.

I was playing with layers this morning. The feathers play nicely with two other Kojima strands I have of mixed pearls and feather pearls. The other treat from Kojima is the “stuffed” shell. I sent Sarah one of my shells from Sanibel to stuff and create this oh so fun pendant. I love the way the juvenile conchs look like they are wearing their own strand of classic pearls!

BA1E0F92-8F72-481F-A97E-4C3057023203.jpeg
FA0694C1-A3E3-420E-878B-1863E004EA9B.jpeg
E469EB79-C891-4EEF-914F-B76679240045.jpeg

OMG @jeg!!!! I gasped when I saw your new feather necklace and I may have actually screamed (my enthusiasm) when I saw how you layered it!!!! It is such an enchanting special special piece!!!! You truly are a pearly fairy queen in it! And that shell with the little pearls in it! I absolutely need one too!!!! How can you do this to me when I am on the ban island???? :) Love love LOVE all your combinations and pearly treasures!

SurfnSci your repurposed Kamoka looks absolutely lovely!!! I am a big fan of repurposing and I have noticed that you are one too and you are really great at it!

Charlotta WOW your new wave necklace!!! I am so SO curious to see how it looks on you! If possible ;-)
2D96289B-7908-4AB0-8A62-E3A0F986357F.jpeg - Click image for larger version  Name:	2D96289B-7908-4AB0-8A62-E3A0F986357F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	318.8 KB ID:	459500

I have finished restringing my circled ombre, my wonderfully unperfect rope, oh the good times when Wen had some nice Ts... I had just a few new light colored circles left over from my CMW bracelet so I added these and took away some that were not my favorite color and shape. And here I am in my unusual city run mode wearing it. I like how the closeup captures the true blue of the two pearls...They are on the smallish side that’s why I cant move them more to the center but I am always tempted to make a bracelet out of that darker side of the necklace. The colors are so vivid!
2D96289B-7908-4AB0-8A62-E3A0F986357F.jpeg - Click image for larger version  Name:	2D96289B-7908-4AB0-8A62-E3A0F986357F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	318.8 KB ID:	459500

I posted these under Tahitian Pearls faceted. I am going to try here to see if I can post the photos correctly. I am not not sure why they are showing as thumbnails rather than full size?

Attachments

• photo72530.jpg
    photo72530.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 20
  • photo72531.jpg
    photo72531.jpg
    605.8 KB · Views: 23
Okay I guess if I do them as an attachment. These were purchased as loose pearls from Eliko Pearls. They have beautiful green and pink overtones.

elikopearls.com

Back