Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thanks everyone! Douglas, I’m learning some Spanish through all your phrases.;) Multichrome, I tend to wear more yellow gold, but Tahitians do glow so nicely with white gold or silver.

I'm glad you are Jeg :)
My Opa (grandpa) used to tell me: You should be able to speak, read and write all languages I do (he was fluent in 4, but managed 5) and I believe we all can :D
And we start just that way...reading in between lines ;)

I wish I was fluent in other languages, Douglas! I studied others, but am a bit of a failure. I know just enough words or phrases to be polite when I travel and that’s where it ends.

Coats and hats and single strands of pearls... Metallic strand from Pacific Pearls in the first photo, and Rikitea pearls from Cees in the second.
1F54F1C0-49DB-473E-BDCF-C1A85082EC12.jpeg

9F998966-66BC-4537-AB10-27F7F9F89CBB.jpg

01C402EA-43F2-4C95-90B9-2DFD49C2D5E4.jpeg

B26E80D3-9E77-45F0-8020-A77C02990A3F.jpg

And something new! I had been eying this Tahitian cloud necklace on the Kojima sale and couldn’t resist. I altered it a bit by shortening it and adding an extender so I can wear it with different necklines and layers. The other piece is a tin cup I put together with Australian SS keshi from Druzy. The earrings are made with SS and Tahitian keshi.
E061C6AE-87FB-45A1-859F-C0115E6634C8.jpeg

DC7BB5D8-33B3-4B55-90FD-AC530601C2AA.jpg

Jeg, your new Kojima strand is gorgeous. The south sea keshi tincup you made is perfect with it. Those keshis looks like clouds to.

Once again too many lovelies to comment on!

BWeaves, first of all that SoC ring is always wonderful to see, perfection! And I absolutely love your Screamers on Steroids, these beauties are something else! And Water Nymph is so luscious! And your woven fabrics are so so beautiful too!

Lilpearl, love your pearls especially those earrings from Cees!!!! Stunning!!!

MoonDrops well done on your first Tahitians purchase, you chose very pretty pearls!

Jeg, your outfits and pearls are fantastic as always, love your newest additions, once again your creations are very inspiring.

SydK, what a lovely and colorful new necklace you have! I know what you mean about the smallish circled Ts, they have the most amazing array of colors! My Christmas gift for myself is a circled bracelet of small Ts as well, combined with hematite rondelles that are very shiny IRL. Pearls on the bracelet are from Wen, the two larger pearl charms that are so very colorful are from Druzy.

93D8A8AA-35D8-4CD3-B904-3FC78CC3E960.jpeg
6C355016-7648-4E4A-B788-E8CEDE1C0D43.jpeg

I'm glad you are Jeg :)
My Opa (grandpa) used to tell me: You should be able to speak, read and write all languages I do (he was fluent in 4, but managed 5) and I believe we all can :D
And we start just that way...reading in between lines ;)

Opa? I thought that was Dutch (according to my husband who is Dutch)? What languages do you speak/read, Douglas? I learned French in high school, Russian in college, and German in graduate school, but none of it stuck. A few words are all that is left...

Opa? I thought that was Dutch (according to my husband who is Dutch)? What languages do you speak/read, Douglas? I learned French in high school, Russian in college, and German in graduate school, but none of it stuck. A few words are all that is left...
My mother's family came from Spain, France, Switzerland, Germany & Poland. Grandparents have always been Oma & Opa to us. I know that is common with Dutch, but I don´t know what weird cross-cultural stance we ended up inheriting.
When growing up I would speak just English and Spanish, was used to Italian too since my mom spoke it and we sang songs she liked on the way to school, French and German I could fake (if you did not speak the language, I could fool you!), especially swearing ;)
My Latin & Greek was good in high school but haven't touched the material in ages! So, really: just bilingual English-Spanish, but if you let me loose a month any place I will we talking the language. Or so I believe it.

Last edited:
Douglas,
Indeed Opa and Oma are Dutch for grandmother and grandfather. I believe, in German it is the same as well. Dutch and German have a few common words, and some words that are very similar. I lived in the Netherlands for several years.

I also grew up in a bilingual home. Speaking English, Spanish, and some Italian as well. Though the Italian was mostly understood and to be able to answer when needed, by relatives. Never knew what language, or cuisine would be served each night at the dinner table. lol
I must admit though, learning Dutch did take a bit of a toll on my other languages. And even when I moved back to the States, I would be in the grocery store and thinking of items in Dutch. Too funny when I caught myself thinking in Dutch, whilst I am in my home country.

Ladies, your pearls are gorgeous! Too many ohhhs and ahhs catching up on this thread today. So many beautiful combinations ... and of course Jeg, love your wardrobe!

Yes, Dutch and Deutsh (German) come from the same family of languages.
Hey! I loved the pearls...but one I was not that familiar with are the "Clouds" jewelry line by Kojima...how sweet! Loved it nacreous "fluffiness" :)
And I just LOVE circled pearls...the colors are always dramatic, the shapes always unique...I also love pottery (specially Mata Ortiz pottery) so I just imagine the pearl oyster using its mantle like a potter's wheel...

Eolian, lovely pearls.

JEG: Oooo, you got the cloud necklace from Kojima. That's a beautiful piece.

Eolian, your pearls are so pretty. Very colorful.

Jeg, as usual I am in awe of your lovely gems. All on this page are some of my favorites. Your Pacific Pearl metallic strand is gorgeous. Love the color. And of course your Rikitea strand, is perfection. (drool) And now I taken aback by your captivating SS keshi tin cup. Oh wow !! Stunning

Sarah's Screamers and Kojima baroque Tahitans. For my earrings, Winter Snowman and Water Nymph.

IMG_9117.jpg

IMG_9116.jpg

IMG_9115.jpg

May the Holiday Pearly Spirit never cease! :cool:
'Tis the Season to be Pearlful :D

LOVE the mega-screamers, Bweaves - they look great with the Tahitians.
Eolian, your circled Ts are gorgeous. Those colours are so pretty and harmonious.
Casual Ts and tourmalines for me today.
67B0519D-74A0-4F59-8E4C-F5B07CAB3D86.jpg

Had some random freshwater pearls (dollar store buy almost two decades ago) decided to put them to use.

Here she is, finished tonight, hand hemmed linen freshwater pearl edged chalice/cup cover. Large enough to fit a vintage pitcher we were given.

Looking forward to evenings sitting on the back deck without the worry of fluff or bugs getting into our tea or water. My table will be prettier too.

Have enough of the pearls to edge two smaller ones for the cups we normally use in the summer. This is perfect.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_1056_original.jpg
    IMG_1056_original.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 27
Bweaves, the combination of those white metallic pearls and the tahitians is gorgeous. And the earrings are great with them as well.
SydK, your tahitians are very pretty. Is that the new strand?
Ash, pretty chalice cover. I have heard of those. Handy though.

That’s a fun, festive, and functional project Ash!! :D

Golden SS pendant and long SS rope from PP Ruckus. I assembled the earrings with Tahitians, SS keshi, and vintage Biwa pearls, and the pearl chain is made of tiny Akoya and Akoya keshi from Hong Kong.
98C97671-45A3-4EB5-B5F0-B6F6CDDC6257.jpeg

BAF826F8-645F-473A-9438-818061A9246E.jpg

Jeg

Beautiful and elegant mix of pearls. Love the wss and gss rope. Been yearning for a strand of those two colors. And both strands look perfect with your attire! Lovely and screams 'Happy Holidays'.....perfect.

Back