Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thanks everyone!

JEG: I really love your new SS rope. I still wonder if I should have bought it. Haha. Love the earrings, too.

Charlotta: OOO, I love Snowdrops and Daffodils. Perfect names. And Snowdrop is a nice twin to my Snowman.

Thanks so much Charlotta, AnnG and BWeaves!:eek:

Your snowdrop and daffodil are a really pretty pair, Charlotta!

Haha BWeaves, I think you’re in pendant mode right now because of your weather.

Wearing an early champagne Edison strand from Pkinnew’s collection, originally from PP, with a metallic pink freshadama strand from PP. I made the earrings with freshwater pearls.
8A79CB02-B8AB-481F-A7E4-288869F36D7F.jpeg

EC2F4BEF-9868-4FA7-8A05-33F4CDB9FE11.jpg

So many lovely pearls ladies! Love all your pendants and special mention to Jeg’s new ropes and earrings! Sending well wishes 86C’s way...

Thanks so much eolian! I hope you’re still enjoying that pretty pink bracelet!

The luster on your white SS is just so lovely, Jeg and Bweaves. I know I don’t have the kind of lifestyle in which big white pearls would be likely to be in high rotation, but gosh I like the silvery sheen of white SS.
86C, fingers crossed for the very best possible outcome for you!
Jeg, can’t wait to see your pendant from Katbran - what a beauty.
Fireball for me today - not the new one I posted yesterday, but an older favourite with a pointy tail.
64C13C85-E71A-484E-BF6E-D900DE72C01E.jpg

Thank you all for the positive & healing vibes! I got my nails done & had a great pedicure. I'm all set!

Jeg, I love your WSS rope & the chalcedony earrings are so cute & summery! You symphony in pink looks wonderful on you! I just love how you mix your pearls to create so many looks!

Charlotta, I love the names Snowdrop & Daffodil for your SS earrings! Perfect & well suited for such a beautiful pair of earrings!

SydK, you're fireball is awesome! They have so much personality, don't they?

Thanks so much, SydK and 86C! SydK, that’s a great fireball pendant! So pretty.

86C, I hope you have some pearls picked out for tomorrow to go with your nails. You’ll be on my mind. Take good care.:)

86C, good luck with your surgery tomorrow. Check in when you can.

SydK, those are pretty greenish-gold pearls on your “if I liked gold pearls” list.

jeg, gorgeous colors in your new pendant.

BWeaves, is that a reflection of the light or are there two little bumps on Winter Snowman. Maybe it’s a winter snowgirl.

Thank you Ann G, Jeg, Bweaves and 86Corvettegirl, they really are great earrings. I really like the setting on them. Reminds me of the earrings Queen Elisabeth always wears except for no diamonds and no natural pearls. I accually prefers my pearls. Looked through a swedish book about old jewelry the other day. Not a very good book, but at least one small chapter on pearls. Apparantly there were swedish river pearls at some point, fishing those was forbidden in the 1930:s. The book thought one should invest in natural pearls (old stock of course). She showed some strands of very ugly worn barrelshaped pearls. Because they had been worn much. I am sure queen Elisabeths pearls are in better shape. I for one is quite happy with my cultured pearls. No need for some barrelshaped river pearls with no luster. Also since my earrings are south sea pearls, according to the writer very, very rare. Haha. She also said that cultured pearls have better luster and orient then natural pearls. I haven't ever even seen natural pearls so I don't know if that’s true. Is it? Here I am pondering pearls really early because the water pump broke last night just after the shops closed. Not-husband had to leave really early so he could be there when they opened, less people then. At least I can get water from our old dug well in a bucket if need be. We should have drilled for a new well this spring but that has been delayed because of the pandemic. We have an old Iron stove that we can use with wood should the electricity falter as well, but it smokes terribly. Not-husbands mother died before revealing the secret for the stove, we think thrit has something to do with a cold chimney. Anyway...
Pretty strands Jeg, how does the early edisons compare with those today?
That fireball pendant it gorgeous SydK, I am on the lookout for one that looks like a ghost but haven't found the right one yet.

There are natural pearls and then there are GOOD, expensive natural pearls. There are cultured pearls that are dull and then there are Hanadamas, which are super shiny. Cultured pearls can be worn down to a barrel shape, too. It just depends on how much they are worn.

SydK: Nice fireball!

Exactly Bweaves, it was such a wierd thing for a writer to write. Don't they need to check their facts?

Catching up again...And really guys, how can we stay on ban island with such new beauties popping up here? You all look fabulous, and tempting. Forget an escape boat, it looks like there must be an island bridge to PearlMainland nearby.

Last edited:
Update: "Surgery took longer than expected. My surgeon was very meticulous & careful to make sure all the cancer cells were removed with a wide margin of clear cells. He went deep enough to determine that the cancer had not moved into the ligaments, tendons, or blood vessels in my hand. I have an over 2 inch incision & about 20 stitches or so. So the surgery was very successful & the doctor is pleased. For the next 2 weeks, I have to keep hand elevated & very minimal use...no pulling, pushing, lifting, or manipulation of the hand. He did say I could type on the computer for short periods as long as I use my right hand for hunt & peck only. Initial bandage has to stay on for 48 hrs & not get wet. I will be able to change the bandage Friday but hand cannot get wet til stitches come out in 2 weeks. So I will be mostly reading & not posting much for the next 2 weeks. So keep posting your beautiful pearls Ladies!! Kanaloa is indeed my protector & good luck charm!

Glad to get your update, 86C! Sending warmest healing wishes your way. Glad to hear Kanaloa is watching out for you. XOXO

Glad your surgery was successful, 86C. The key Pad on my iPad has gone insane so I just use voice to text wherever possible. You might try that.

Thanks for sharing your good news, 86C. And more good news, no dish washing for at least 2 weeks!

Last edited:
I am so happy that your surgery went well 86Corvettegirl. And so hope for a speedy recovery as well.

Back