Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I just spent a while catching up on this fabulous thread. Your photos and comments made my day! :)

Oh, wow. Too many gorgeous pearls to comment on. I love everything JEG wears, and I've run out of different ways to say that!!!

Ann G: Your Kasumi pendant is jaw dropping. What amazing color and drop shape.

I like Winter Snow. It sounds classier than Snowman. But the pearl really does look like a snowman. It should arrive on Monday.

Summer Rain and Winter Snow.

or

Summer Rainbow and Winter Snowman. ???

Earring test drive. All these earrings work, so I get to be picky.

My diamond huggies. I normally wear my freshwater perfect teardrops from Kojima on these earrings.

43A99460-497D-49D6-BBC4-E5D98F17B86E_1_201_a.jpg

Mom's diamond oval hoops. I normally wear my metallic baroque teardrops on these earrings.

7FAE0A86-97E4-4D01-BD95-08931B328BFC_1_201_a.jpg

Mom's diamond huggies. These were designed to go with Mom's South Sea drops.

0EFC7A4C-A55A-42A4-AC23-952471A2B734_1_201_a.jpg

Mom's large round diamond hoops. I've never worn pearl drops on these, because they have a very large secure back which is too large for the eye-pins on my other pearl drops. But the 5 mm eye pins on my pendants fit on these diamond hoops. This might be my favorite look. Plus, these earrings don't already have pearls on them.

74DC3CFB-A5B7-4158-9F71-ED5317E43090_1_201_a.jpg

I have test driven Walter Who and Greg Who on these hoops, and they look amazing, but those two pearls are tooooooo heavy for my ears. I think Summer Rainbow is a bit heavy for every day wear, but I could probably manage a special occasion or Ruckus with Summer on one ear and Winter on the other.

Last edited:
Bweaves, great minds think alike - I also bought a rainbow pink freshwater drop pendant this week (well, actually a couple of weeks ago, but it arrived yesterday).
34E7EEB5-7443-4269-B48E-E36176179733.jpg
11269D98-DF6C-4399-9A89-CF5C2602491F.jpg
And, in an act of pure mimicry, here’s my group shot with a Tahitian pendant and a slightly bigger and more wrinkled pink freshie.
D7411700-C5C1-44F9-9E4E-240B46E5AF8E.jpg
No snow man, though :)

And here are the pearls I’m actually wearing today, since this is an “in action” thread
80C83504-10E1-461B-8277-DAC3800AA5FF.jpg

Jeg, your new tahitian rope looks great doubled and with that pendant.
Bweaves, Winter snowman is great. I agree Summer rainbow and Winter snowman will be great as special occasion earrings. Your hoops are gorgeous, it's hard to decide which one is prettier. I cannot wear heavy earrings either.
SydK, such pretty pendants and that strand looks great on you.

SydK: I love your pendants! OF COURSE!!! Those two necklaces look great together. The ombre' with the gemstones and pearls is especially interesting.

Syd - That middle pearl has such a great shape !! And ... of course... gorgeous colour ! Love all the pendants .
BWeaves - I know you said they are heavy but the purple pearls look wonderful !! Looking forward to the 'Snowman' ! I love the interesting shapes of WSS baroque.
AnnG - The Keshi look so cute with that bright pink thread ! And the Kasumi is beautiful !
jeg- Such interesting colours on those Tahitians ! They remind me of some of the muted earthy shades of some of the FIJI strands.

Thanks so much BWeaves, Bernadette, Charlotta and Katbran. Katbran, I was thinking the same thing when I was trying to take some pics of the rope. There are some colors that are similar to one of my Fiji ropes. Good to see you, Gemgeek!

Love all the sister pendants BWeaves and SydK! The shapes and colors are so great. Maybe there’s a winter snowdrop in your future, SydK??

Wearing a large Kojima golden SS pendant. I made the earrings from Myanmar golden SS pearls and gemstones, and the bracelet from small golden SS.
33F54293-74E3-4498-9DFD-0AB95DE900A2.jpeg

3DC2D5C3-8C78-4209-8218-86D0A16C3504.jpg

Oh, my!!! So many pearl lovelies!!! It's hard to keep up!

Ann G, your Kasumi pendant is beautiful & looks great on your Tahitian Keshi necklace!

Jeg, your Tahitian strand looks wonderful doubles with your Kojima pendant! Love the light & airy golden look. I really should get me a GSS bracelet. Then I could stack it with my 2 WSS bracelets. Stunning gemstone & GSS earrings, too!

BW, Summer Rainbow look awesome as an earring drop. You're so fortunate to have so many diamond huggies to work with!

SydK, all your pendants look so pretty & I like the shape of your new one; so different! You look fantastic in your T's today!

Thanks all. And now JEG makes me want golden SS pearls. Sigh.

I've been bad. I just bought a 3rd pendant from Kojima. A large flat freshie with ripples. I'm just so curious to see it in person. By the time I'm done buying pendants, I could have had a full necklace, but I'll get a lot of use out of the pendants, I think.

Today is Summer Rainbow's first official wearing on a gold knit choker. Worn with Kojima freshwater keshi earrings and ombre' keshi rope. The earrings are very peach and purple and green. The rope goes from white to peach to pinks, to purple and green. The colors are not showing up. Bad lighting.

2FFE6F99-8E4D-45D3-80F5-F1B52D83D10E_1_201_a.jpg

BW, you look stunning in your Keshi rope & earring to accent Summer Rainbow! I really like her on the woven gold choker...an elegant took! Well...now we have 2 pendants to see! I came off Ban Island to get Sara to make me a Kojima Pearl Chain. I think I will use it a lot with my pendants & enhancers!

Hi, first time posting here! Can I ask your advice please? I have these, they're marked with what looks like the Mikimoto 'M' and SILVER as in the pic, what are your thoughts? Are they authentic? What kind of age could they be? IMG_20200801_013453.jpgIMG_20200801_011740.jpgMany thanks, Barny :)

Gorgeous golden south sea pearls Jeg,
Bweaves, you kind of need golden south sea pearls. They have the most glorious colors in them. When I first started looking for a strand I worried that they wouldn't look good with my complexion since I am rather pale, hm haven't thought about that for a long time (except for peach and pink freshwaters). You could start with a mixed strand, then any complexion clashing shades woun't matter. I was going to make a mixed circled south sea strand but I sort of made that ombre instead...and a rope...and two bracelets. One day I will make a mixed south sea strand. Where was I, yes...summer rainbow looks great with the ombre keshi rope.

Welcome, BRM-UK. Hopefully someone who knows more about Mikimoto will be along to reply soon.

Thanks 86C, BWeaves and Charlotta!

BWeaves, I’m thinking you could start with a golden SS pendant. Then you can pick a color and shape that appeals to you and color wouldn’t matter as much because you can wear it longer over your clothes and not right against your skin. Hmmm, I see an Autumn Sunrise in your future...

Looking forward to seeing your new pearl chain, 86C! They are very versatile.

Welcome BRM-UK!

Yes Jeg, Bweaves should have an Autumn sunrise. Maybe even a Spring daffodil, that could be the golden south sea pendant.

Pretty earrings, BRM-UK. Are they clip on earrings? It looks very much like styles popular in the late 50's through the 60's. I'm no expert on Mikimoto but he did make earrings & brooches in Silver during that era.

BRM-UK. I was thinking those earrings looked like 40's, 50's or early 60's Mikimoto. The pearls look good, and Mikimoto tended to set them in silver back then. They have a bit of retro flair.

Charlotta and JEG: I'm think that my 3rd pendant might be Spring Petal, so I'll have to start looking for an Autumn Gold Leaf. I'm rather drawn to the greenish gold SS pearls. I have a few golden SS pearls in some of my Kojima ropes with mixed pearls already. I don't have anything JUST gold pearls though.

Back