Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Bweaves, the new keshi earring looks so good with the ripples. The ripples have amazing colors.
The seaglassstrand is so pretty Jeg. I remember seeing it on instagram, so beautiful.

Fantastic layers, BWeaves! I really love that ripple strand- the color shifting is so gorgeous.

Thank you so much, CricketBug, BWeaves, 86C, Amti, 2thdktr, and Charlotta! I’m glad a few of my pearls appear new to some of you because I feel like I repeat them so many times and don’t want to be redundant.

So, a repeat of the Seaglass Tahitian (I do wear this one a lot). Paired with a custom Kojima strand made with some of my SS keshi.
9A0D4932-2876-4B06-999D-B2B8C7500D56.jpg

D302EEA2-64F8-415D-A920-FD323B1A9FE9.jpg

To me, this is a perfect pairing., Jeg. I love how the two compliment each other. I sigh every time I see your pastel T's. It's such a beautiful necklace; I can see why you wear it often. I love seeing your pearls....all of them...all the combinations...repeats included. In fact, you give me inspiration with some of my pearls.

Gorgeous, Jeg! I agree, repeat, repeat, repeat. Never get tired of seeing your collection. I have a thing for large and small pearls paired together in strands. It just hits my sweet spot, and yours are wonderful. Keep 'em coming.

BWeaves, I adore your keshi dangle earrings! Also, the herradura-type earring fitting is one of my favorites ever, it just looks so good on (and also as we age).

Wow, jeg! What a gorgeous combo! (I really need to up my vocabulary to more than "gorgeous" and "beautiful". LOL!) I really do love pastel T's and this combo is a delight.

I had to look up herradura, and got a 100 hits on tequila. Hehehe. I love the horseshoe earring setting. It's secure because of the lever back. The post goes straight through my hole without curving. And the top of the horseshoe extends up above my hole, which makes the earring look like it is sitting higher, so it covers the hole.

Sarah had the horseshoe setting on the first earrings I ever bought from Kojima -- Tahitian drops with opals. Ever since, I've always asked her to swap out earring hooks for horseshoes. Hooks are easy to wear, but I always loose them. There's an extra charge, but it's worth it to me.

If I hadn't just bought studs from Komoka, and keshi drops from Kojima, (and the returned Hanadama studs), I might be tempted by the latest pairs. I love the pearl drops with the gems, but not the hooks.

Thank you so much for the very nice compliments, 86C, 2thdktr, CricketBug and Charlotta!

BWeaves - LOVE the earrings with the ripples. Horseshoe hook looks great. I love colourful pearls, and this is masterful layering.
Jeg, that seaglass strand is so, so pretty and really suits you.

Thank you so much for the compliments BWeaves, 86Corvette, jeg, SydK, Charlotta, and 2thdktr. And, BWeaves, those new Kojima keshi earrings are luscious. I suspect you will wear those a lot. Thank you, jeg, for sharing those adorable outfits with pearls. Love your Seaglass Tahitian strand.

Today I layered up for the start of the Big Melt. The necklaces are from the top, new GSS drop from last summer's ruckus set in 14kt yellow gold by John at PP, a metallic freshwater drop from the PP VIP website set by Soren at TLee, Japanese Kasumi drop from Sarah at Kojima set with Mexican opal by Soren at TLee, and finally my Fiji keshi from PP set in 18kt yellow gold by Catherine at Stephen Vincent Design. The shirt is OSKA Aucu in Flint. Studs from OceansCove.

20190312_114502.jpg

Yesterday I also wore my GSS studs from OceansCove along with my 22kt GSS strand from PP. The studs are my first purchase from JerseyPearl and I am delighted with these.

20190310_155257.jpg

I have been looking for 8 to 8.5mm GSS round studs for years. They are so rare. These are 7.6mm, so a bit smaller, but still a nice size and so wearable.

20190310_154715.jpg

You can see what a nice match the depth of color is to my GSS strand. In some lighting you can see the green overtones in my strand, versus the rosey overtones in the studs.

20190310_120006.jpg

In most lighting they look pretty much alike.

20190310_115852.jpg

I finished off today's outfit with my GSS harvest bracelets from Pearl Paradise. OSKA wool sweater Taril in Dawn.

20190312_154930.jpg

Thank you, SydK and Red!

Red, what to focus on... wow, you have so many unique and delightful layers on. I love all your pieces. I have to say, I also really get a kick out of your OSKA collection, too. I love the fun names of the styles and colors.

Thank you, SydK and Red!

Red, what to focus on... wow, you have so many unique and delightful layers on. I love all your pieces. I have to say, I also really get a kick out of your OSKA collection, too. I love the fun names of the styles and colors.

Thank you, jeg. I'm sure this won’t happen again, getting so many pieces from one collection. But, I have finally learned that my colors don’t show up all that often, and when they nail it like this, I should get enough to wear for a few years. They also look amazing with my pearls.

Last edited:
RED: Gorgeous pieces. Your photos really do show the rosy glow of the gold SS studs versus the greenish glow from the necklace. Both are gorgeous.

Lighting has been terrible here since the switch to Daylight Saving Time. Anyway, yesterday I wore La Perlagrina with my new mismatched studs from Kamoka. At least you can see the rainbow on the Tahitian drop.

fullsizeoutput_bba.jpg

Here's La Perlagrina with my new Tahitian Tin-cup from Kojima. The colors are not coming through.

fullsizeoutput_bbd.jpg

Today, linen and my new freshi-keshi earrings and freshi-keshi tin-cup from Kojima, with ombre' keshi rope and Kasumi pendant from Kojima. Pistachio akoyas from PP. SoC ring, but I forgot to photograph it.

fullsizeoutput_bbe.jpg

I had layered everything up with ripples and Everything Bagel rope, but it was a bit too much all at the same time. It would have worked for Ruckus, but was too much for work.

fullsizeoutput_bbf.jpg

The freshi-keshi tin-cup is 26 inches, and I think I'm in love with that length. It hits just right on my chest and curves in a perfect parabola.

Last edited:
Red, I am thrilled that you like your new studs! And a little birdie told me you just had a birthday...I hope it was a wonderful day for you!

Jeg, your combos are absolutely stunning! You seem to capture the luster in every pearl...or better yet, their luster is a true reflection of their wearer. You positively glow.

And BWeaves, I think your photos are great with a bit more light. You can really see the details and luster.

Thank you for such a nice compliment, JerseyPearl! :eek:

BWeaves, I think those layers are just enough, even for a ruckus! :D

Red, so many beautiful pearls. I have a similar pair of golden south sea studs from Oceanscove. Mine are 7,6mm. I love them and use them a lot. It's a very good size for everyday and they never feels heavy. Beautiful outfits as well. You look beautiful.
BWeaves, wonderful combinations as usual. That tahitian tincup is spectacular. And la perlagrina is always nice to see, such luster.

So I wirewrapped some pearls again. This is some of the pearls I bought from Wendy at Pearlescence.
_20190313_120802.jpg
It's about 46inches with an 2inch extender. I got a lot of jewelry out of just the 4 strands I bought. And I still have some pearls left.
_20190313_120536.jpg
2 tincups and a triple strand. Very pretty icecreamy colors. With some of my other pearls.
_20190313_120928.jpg
And now it's a rainbow.
_20190313_122906.jpg
And then I piled the rainbow on. Might be to much for every day... Haha
_20190313_123807.jpg
The pretty colors don't show up.

Back