Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Wow, thank you everyone for the very kind comments!

I love your description of the big bubbles of champagne, Cathy! I have a few other pieces from her wonderful collection as well.

BWeaves, I really debated on that tin cup, too. The only thing I’ve had on my short list was a biggish pearl pendant of any color, set in either white gold or sterling, and this pendant is perfect. It goes with just about everything I have.

JEG, You have excellent taste, because you bought everything I was waffling on, hehehe.

Monday, Kojima Tahitian necklace with Komoka black and white Tahitian studs. Mom's brooch. I think it's a porcelaine transfer pattern set in Pinchbeck. Pinchbeck is a form of brass, an alloy of copper and zinc, mixed in proportions so that it closely resembles gold in appearance. It was invented in the 18th century by Christopher Pinchbeck, a London clockmaker. Mom had quite a bit of Victorian jewelry she bought in Portabello Road in England made with Pinchbeck. It doesn't tarnish, but it has a patina that's very pleasant.

fullsizeoutput_391.jpg

fullsizeoutput_392.jpg

Today, super classic. Mom's circle brooch. My birthday necklace. And Kojima drops on my huggies.

fullsizeoutput_393.jpg

Mom's akoya ring and freshwater bracelet.

IMG_3918.jpg

BWeaves! So so pretty!! I have taken to calling the one on the left, "BWeaves" It's Mikimoto, from my mother's jewelry case. View attachment 57057

Hehehe. It's gorgeous!!! I feel honored.

You might have to call the one on the right "BWeaves, too/2." Here's an enhancer from my Mom:

fullsizeoutput_396.jpg

I need to call the enhancer Jersey Pearl.

BWeaves! So so pretty!! I have taken to calling the one on the left, "BWeaves" It's Mikimoto, from my mother's jewelry case. View attachment 57057

Hehehe. It's gorgeous!!!

You might have to call the one on the right "BWeaves, too/2." Here's an enhancer from my Mom:

View attachment 57058

On a different note, did any of us PGers buy the Kojima necklace with the white jade carved centerpiece and white drop pearl? That was another one I waffled on.

BWeaves, oh I love that brooch. I'm a big fan of painted miniature brooches :eek: :eek:

jeg, BWeaves, JerseyPearl, your pearls are lovely. I really enjoy seeing the pins.

jeg, that mixed rope just GLOWS! Wow <3

BWeaves, I love how you put together necklaces with brooches. I'm always hesitant to wear them together, so I'll be taking notes of your pairings.

Battah, winter is always brooch season for me, so I'll try to take more photos that include brooches. It's when I wear my tweed jackets and sweaters, and they lend themselves to brooches better than T-shirts.

BWeaves, you're right. I tend to wear a lot of cardigans in the winter, so I should make more of an effort to wear brooches with them. They look great on your lapels.

I was in NYC the other day, and I cannot tell you how many women I saw wearing their brooches on top of tweed coats! They were wearing multiple pins at a time. Made me want to go buy a tweed coat with shawl collar.

Oooh I have a jacket with a shawl collar! Never thought to put brooches on it. HMMMMM....

MULTIPLE BROOCHES at one time? Hum. I've never been that brave. Mom always wore one brooch on everything. Maybe I should try multiples?

Thank you, Annie and Battah!

JP and BWeaves- very pretty vintage pieces. Your mothers’ had similar taste, and I bet they were so happy you loved their style, too!

Tahitians all the way. And opals. Earrings and baroques from Kojima. Near rounds (the inner necklace) from PP.

Inner Necklace Pearl Paradise baroque outer and earrings Kojima

And my Kojima Tahitian Keshi Tin-cup arrived. Bad bathroom lighting, but I couldn't wait to show you.

Kojima keshi tin cup

Cleavage shot.

Kojima keshi tin cup cleavage shot

I'll have to photograph them in natural light tomorrow. They're so much prettier than these photos show.

Back