Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

This is genius, BW! I remember reading about this idea a while ago and now use pill boxes myself. Perfect travel solution!

I was using those pill boxes too, after BAS suggested it ... thanks, BAS :) After having trouble opening one box AND having the lids pop open in travel (admittedly inexpensive boxes from the drugstore) I found some similar boxes at Wast Marine (fishing, boat tackle/gear store). Those are much sturdier, have removable, adjustable dividers and overlocking latches ... NO possibility of those coming open by accident! Sometimes I can't even open them lol, but that's my hands, not the boxes. I'm out camping with the grandson or I'd take a photo. Tackle stores are a crafter's secret source :)

I'm not sure I would use this particular pill box for traveling. Too bulky and the earrings would rattle around. I like rolling up my jewelry in that rubber matting stuff. Nothing moves.

Cathy, I love using tackle boxes for jewelry and for makeup! Well, not so much anymore with makeup, but when I used to play around with color a lot, I loved tackle boxes for keeping everything organized.

BWeaves makes a good point ... for travel, line the boxes with little pieces of soft cloth etc to prevent pearls rolling around and getting scratched.

Sorry I missed your comments! Red and PD, you're absolutely right. I've noticed that people's eyes are drawn to nice pearls whether they recognize what they are or not. They do see that they're beautiful!

Kind of a crappy taken-too-fast picture, but here is my new-just-arrived-today Kamoka mana necklace (with a sweet 12.7mm pearl that Josh picked out for me :D) along with a tahitian keshi necklace from Care Ehret that I got a couple of years ago. The earrings are 10mm silvery white SSP I bought from a lovely person over on DB last year.

Kamoka mana necklace 12.7mm

Ooooo, very nice. I like the combination and contrast of the different pearls.

I was feeling very pearly white the other day. Natural white Hanadama rope from PP worn with Nana's necklace (where I replaced the pearls with Freshadamas but kept the akoya clasp). New Hanadama studs from PP at Ruckus 2017. Mom's freshie bracelet and akoya ring.

Natural white Hanadama rope from PP worn with Nana's necklace

Natural white Hanadama rope from PP worn with Nana's necklace and Hanadama studs

Mom's freshie bracelet and akoya ring

akoya ring

Oooh, a hanadama rope! beautiful, BWeaves! Quick one: was it assessed/sold as a rope, or is it 2 hanadama strands restrung?

I ordered it from PP as a rope. They had to get the 36" rope special, because two 18" strands would not have matched exactly.

Cute combo, enkeli.
BWeaves, you look fabulous with all those shiny white hanadamas.

enkeli I really love that look! Casual but gorgeous.

BWeaves, very elegant.

Bweaves, your white look is breathtaking! Those clasps are so special!!! Can you tell me what size are your hanadama studs? Those are on my wish lust :)

My Hanadama studs are 9 mm, and they are pinked, because the natural whites were just too white next to my face. You can see in my photos that the earrings are pinker than the necklaces, which are both silvery white.

My natural white Hanadama rope and Nana's replacement Freshadamas are all 8 mm. (I would have gone smaller on the Freshies, but they didn't have any smaller than 8 mm at the time.) I felt that the studs needed to be either bigger or smaller than 8 mm or it would all look too matchy matchy. Since I'd already owned 7 mm studs, and felt that they were now too small, and I just bought black and white Tahitian studs from Komoka in 9mm and liked the size, I went with 9 mm Hanadamas.

Oddly enough, the white Hanadamas look bigger on my ears than the B&W Tahitians. I remember Jeremy posting that white pearls always look bigger than black pearls. I find that to be true. Of my B&W pair, the light pearl looks bigger than the black one, but when measuring them, they are exactly the same size. And the Hanadamas are equally the same size as the B&W pair, but look bigger than the B&W pair.

Also, I had PP put bigger earring backs on my studs. I find them easier to handle and they make the earrings sit better on my earlobe.

I have a sister-in-law who said, "As I get older, I do not get fatter, but I get thicker." She's right. I swear my earlobes are thicker than they used to be. Old earrings now seem "tight" to me, and too small for my earlobes.

Back