Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

The knots are a good size for the size of the pearls-- the proportions are good.

Are you happy with the 32" finished length, or did you want it longer so you could double it?

Oh, I'm happy with the length. Right now it's all a bit tight and kinky, if you know what I mean. But after I wear it once or twice in the Florida humidity it will loosen up a bit and drape better, which will make it hang a few mm longer. I never doubled it, because I had a choker (first my Nana's, then the one I just restrung above). I usually layer my ropes, so it's OK if it's shorter.

Sharing a few pieces here today, showcasing Battah's (LiliasTreasures) amazing creations!

When my girlfriend Cheryl and I trekked down to DC earlier (https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/s...ptions-DC-Mini-Ruckus-Infinity-Rooms-and-MORE!!!), we met up with Battah and had an absolute blast. Aside from getting together for amazing art exhibition and yummy food, we of course had to play with pearls! Battah brought her amazing creations and she was so gracious to let me adopt one of her first lentil bead creation.

My gf Cheryl was obsessed with another fine silver lotus motif pendant, and Battah was again gracious enough to make another one for Cheryl. Piece arrived this weekend and Cheryl was beyond herself and absolutely loved her new necklace! Here are some pics:

The Lentil bead has designs on both sides. I'm still experimenting with the pearl pairing and may end up swapping out the pearls later on.
IMG_9483.jpgIMG_9484.jpg

Here is Cheryl's piece, I love everything about it!
52112759952__00535CE2-4333-4A6F-9B5C-6996AEC5354E.JPG.jpg20799245_10155404373030767_8469097045436934238_n.jpgIMG_9491.jpgIMG_9491.jpg

I'm really loving Battah's creations lately and can not wait to adopt more! Will post more when I do. :eek:

Relaxing in style, Red! That's the way to do it!

BWeaves, such lovely pieces. You did a good job stringing the pearls. I tend to knot hard too, so mine take a few wearings to even out the kinks. Good luck on the sales.

Purr, you make a great model for Battah and her amazing pieces. Congrats on the recent adoptions by both you and your friend. They have wonderful new homes!

At least I no longer pull my knots so tight that I break my thread 5 pearls from the end! DOH!

I can't stand it when the pearls slide between the knots, so it's taken me a long time to get the hang of how tight to knot where it's just right.

Decked out in some of my favorite pearls while relaxing at the lake. Tiny pistachio akoya with my South Sea harvest strand around my neck, and my Burmese ring and Fiji bracket on my right hand and wrist. All from Pearl Paradise.

View attachment 54004

View attachment 54005

OOOOMMMMMGGGGEEEE!!!!!!! LUV LUV LUV the layering and the baby akoyas against the GSSP harvest strand!

This must be dark Tahitian pearl week. I never used to think of these as summer pearls, but they look lovely with tank tops and bright summer clothing.

And ... Wearing my restrung akoya rope and my ruby heart pearl drop earrings.

IMG_3398.jpg

I forgot how light and easy my old pearls are to wear.

IMG_3397.jpg

JP - Gorgeous! What colour!! Well you were brave...if it were me they would still be in the bottom of a shopping bag along with almost every strand I've ever bought. Geeeeeeez I've got to learn to let go !!
BWeaves - I've never been a 'heart' fan but I have to say that I love those little ruby earrings ! And those Akoya look light and lustrous for a summer day !!

JP, that strand is stunning! Peacock Ts are my favourite.

Stunning BWeaves!

Back