Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Beautiful BWeaves.

Keeping it simple today with my blue Kamoka.

IMG_9425.jpg

BW--that s a great pendant! Love the druzy and it is so artistic.

Sanippy--true blues are so rare and that one is absolutely spectacular!!

I have been working on this awhile. These are 2-3mm rainbow sapphires with Chinese iridescent FWP (from Kongs Pearls). The fun part was finding pearls that had color overtones to blend with the sapphires. I made it 40" and claspless so I could double it over my head and could rotate any which way.IMG_1482.jpgIMG_1484.jpgIMG_1483.jpgIMG_1485.jpgIMG_1487.jpgIMG_1486.jpg

How lovely, Pearly-Whites! I can see how that would be fun to make. You may have mentioned this elsewhere; where did you get the rainbow sapphires?

I've missed the last few days and just catching up sanippy, PW, Kalmen, BW posts - so many lovely pearls!

Very unique pendant and perfect for hot sweaty days, BW!

Sanippy, the classic pearl looks great on you!

PW, very colorful and fun necklace. I bet you wear it often!

Thank you cicadalady, pareltje, BWeaves, PW, SunSeeker and amti!

PW - WOW! I love this piece! Stunning!

Well that's fun and colourful !! It looks great !! Yes I was going to ask if they are crimp covers.

JP I've seen a gold bead at the end of your gemstone necklaces, do you use the round crimp covers or is it to hide a thread knot .. do you not use wire at all? I always used fine wire with the fine beads as I was worried about them cutting through thread .. though Power Pro would probably be ok ..

Last edited:
There are just some random gold and silver beads here and there. No crimping as rather than using bead wire, I strung this one on Power Pro and knotted and glued the end. It has no clasp. Once again, my photography doesn't capture the colors. I am also finding that I like random placement, rather than symmetrical and even distribution of the pearls. I just find it more interesting.

little h emerald and soufflé' pendant on a pistachio akoya necklace from PP. My reborn pearl earrings work well with the pendant.

IMG_2945.jpg

Back