Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Beautiful Karman! And great job with the adjustments! That's the best thing about learning to knot and wire wrap, you can tweak and re-design your pieces.

Karman: Your fix made all the difference. The necklace just hangs better now and shows off the pearls better.

Karman--wonderful job on the necklace. Your eye for the proportion was spot on and the result is gorgeous!

SoC necklace today :)
Sea of Cortez necklace

Kay, I love the necklace. As much as I love Tahitians, I am really drawn to pinks and purples, I also love the length. How long is the necklace and also the size of the pearls?

Thank you everyone! I can only take credit for the very, very minor adjustment of pearls and chains at the back, otherwise it was all Wendy!
It is a very pretty necklace indeed. I finally fully understand why so many of us are infatuated with GSSP and SSP!

MSD - SOC! I just ordered a loose pearl and looking forward to setting it. Is that your new necklace below that you posted in Lowly Beaders? I think your new project looks lovely!!

MSC, aha, this photo shows me the colors better than on the other thread, for some reason. To me, you've got the brown and dark red I was talking about already in there. And the asymmetry of both necklaces complement each other.

ACK! The chain to La Perlagrina broke. Luckily, I caught it. So, while the chain is being fixed, I'm wearing it on an enhancer and my knitted gold choker. La Perlagrina pendant from Kamoka. Opal and Tahitian earrings from Kojima.

Perlagrina pendant from Kamoka. Opal and Tahitian earrings from Kojima

Karman, the SS tincup looks perfect on you. Good for you for fixing it yourself. I love the mix of shades of white, cream and gold. What size are the pearls?

MSC, the SOC on your necklace just glows! Really pretty design – what are the other elements you incorpoated?

Bweaves, I am always happy to see La Perlagrina and your lovely opal and Tahitian earrings. Sorry to hear your chain broke, but the woven choker is fab.

Luvglitz, thank you, the purple/pink FW necklace is 23” long and the pearls are 10-13 mm.

Jersey, SunSeeker, MSC, Karman, BN, , thank you for the kind comments on my ring. I love staring down at the play of colors on the SOC, and Sarah’s setting frames it so nicely. I love split shank settings and matte yellow gold – when I tried it on, I knew it was going home with me.

I have a teardrop shaped SOC mabe I bought from Douglas at the 2015 Ruckus that still needs to be set as a pendant. I am going to ask Sarah to set it with the same type of scalloped bezel around the edge of the mabe as the ring has. I need to figure out the shape of the bale and whether I want to incorporate a small purple or blue accent stone above the mabe.
SOC mabe I bought from Douglas at the 2015 Ruckus

Omg Kay, I just had a flashback of the day you purchased that purple/pink Fwp strand! You were trying to reach a decision re buying it and had put it on and come by to ask for opinions. It was a gorgeous piece and fantastic on your neck. So glad you went forward with the purchase!

What can I say about the ring? Douglas's mabes are works of art.

That was such a fun day! I really wanted the necklace, but I had already spent too much that year, so I was hemming and hawing a bit. But I really couldn’t bear to take it off and put it back on the table, lol. I am really glad I kept it.

I am toying with the idea of adding 4-6 diamond rondelles to the front of the necklace, similar to this Yoko necklace I love, but with the standard rondelles PP sells. (I can’t afford the giant diamond pave clasp, but that would make it too fancy to wear to work anyway.)

Pink FW baroque with diamond rondelles (Yoko London-Capri)I am toying with the idea of adding 4-6 diamond rondelles to the front of the necklace, similar to this Yoko necklace I love, but with the standard rondelles PP sells.

MSC, aha, this photo shows me the colors better than on the other thread, for some reason. To me, you've got the brown and dark red I was talking about already in there. And the asymmetry of both necklaces complement each other.

Lighting really makes all the difference. I took the other photo in fluorescent lighting and it tends to yellow out everything. This photo was taken this morning by my front door. Good ole natural light!

Ah, your T's.... glorious to see.

MSC, the SOC on your necklace just glows! Really pretty design – what are the other elements you incorpoated?

Thank you Karman and Kay! I used some opals and red spinel along with tiny gold beads and a bead cap on the pearl.

I love the purple heart or the largest blue oval as accents to that terrific SoC mabe, Kay. Both colors set off the pearl beautifully. And totally yes to roundelles on your gorgeous necklace!

Karman, the SS tincup looks perfect on you. Good for you for fixing it yourself. I love the mix of shades of white, cream and gold. What size are the pearls?

Kay, I measured the smallest pearl at just over 8 mm and the largest one at 12.5mm I believe! I did it a couple of nights ago and don't remember exactly.

LOVE that mabe. They show off the colours so well.

That was such a fun day! I really wanted the necklace, but I had already spent too much that year, so I was hemming and hawing a bit. But I really couldn’t bear to take it off and put it back on the table, lol. I am really glad I kept it.

I am toying with the idea of adding 4-6 diamond rondelles to the front of the necklace, similar to this Yoko necklace I love, but with the standard rondelles PP sells. (I can’t afford the giant diamond pave clasp, but that would make it too fancy to wear to work anyway.)

KaySD! LUV LUV LUV the SoC Mabe and gemstone arrangement - looking forward to see how the project turns out!
As for the Yoko strand, I remember you shopping for it at the ruckus! So glad to see it here again!
Here are some budget options before you decide to procure Yoko level/quality paves!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/217261869/sales-24k-gold-white-gold-rhodium
https://www.etsy.com/listing/217343637/on-sales-24k-gold-black-rhodium-football

Pave claspsPave clasps

Bweaves, I am always happy to see La Perlagrina and your lovely opal and Tahitian earrings. Sorry to hear your chain broke, but the woven choker is fab.

Luvglitz, thank you, the purple/pink FW necklace is 23” long and the pearls are 10-13 mm.

Jersey, SunSeeker, MSC, Karman, BN, , thank you for the kind comments on my ring. I love staring down at the play of colors on the SOC, and Sarah’s setting frames it so nicely. I love split shank settings and matte yellow gold – when I tried it on, I knew it was going home with me.

I have a teardrop shaped SOC mabe I bought from Douglas at the 2015 Ruckus that still needs to be set as a pendant. I am going to ask Sarah to set it with the same type of scalloped bezel around the edge of the mabe as the ring has. I need to figure out the shape of the bale and whether I want to incorporate a small purple or blue accent stone above the mabe.
Please find a way to incorporate these stones into complimentary pieces for your pendant...I love this so much, soooo much!

I disagree...not too fancy at all! And if you feel like it is, you could always shift the necklace around a bit, so the rondelles are in the back.

KaySD, those gems all look glorious with that SOC Mabe ... not a bad pick there! I love the idea of diamond spacers in the "Yoko" style. Have a few of those diamond spacers from PP, and have never found the right project for them.

My favourite pendant BWeaves! Thank god you didn't lose it!

Kay! Oh my... your SoC mabe is gorgoeus. It looks beautiful with those gemstones.

Psychedelic purple/blue Ts for me!

Psychedelic purple/blue Tahitians

Last edited:
Back