Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you, BWeaves and MM!

Thanks for posting those photos, kalmen! Yes, I can totally see how they are shaped from the side. They look very similar to the ones I found on etsy.

Since I dug out my coin pearls for the orbit clasp photos, I worn them today with my Kamoka B/W studs.

my Kamoka B/W studs and coin pearl strand

Another great BWeaves pearl day. Just curious, have you had any non-pearlish types question the black/white earrings?

No. Studs are pretty stealthy. They don't draw attention like my drops do. I'm not sure any of my co-irkers actually see me face on, where they would notice the two colors. They mostly see me from one side or the other.

So many lovelies today ... I bet I'll miss someone ... Thanks for brightening my day, All.
Kalmen22, those Huggies are wonderful; such a lovely shape!
Moneymeister, that akoya strand is very beautiful, and looks fantastic on you :)
MSC, 2 of my very favorites as well ... I wondered about the balance on the opal necklace ... you've corrected the balance while keeping the delightful asymmetrical nature of the necklace ... kudos!
Red!!! That Kamoka harvest strand remains one of my all time favorites ... one of the first pearl strands that made me join, made me jump up and shout "LOOK LOOK LOOK!!!", reconfirming Walter's belief that I'm nuts lol ... just incredible.

BWeaves, the coins look great with the studs and your sweater. Co-irkers had me really laughing this morning!

Thanks, Cathy! I liked the original construction, aesthetic-wise, but the pearl kept pulling itself center. I think if it were a few mm smaller that wouldn't be an issue, but at 9.3mm it's got real heft. Food for thought when you select which pearl to use for yours :)

The Komoka peacock studs I returned actually matched my Kojima necklace perfectly, but I prefer the way the Komoka B/W studs look with it better. I think the baroque shapes of the pearls in the necklace work better with the mismatched studs than the perfectly round matching studs. It's almost like being perfectly round contradicted the color matching.

Komoka peacock studs I returned actually matched Kojima necklace perfectly

Komoka peacock studs I returned actually matched my Kojima necklace perfectly

Oh I really love your pipi pearl necklace, MSC. They're golden cuties.

Pipi Longpearling? The pipi pearl necklace is gorgeous.

Yes, herringbone jacket and sweater are both from Boden. There's something about British clothing that really sets off pearls.

Pipi Longpearling? The pipi pearl necklace is gorgeous.

Yes, herringbone jacket and sweater are both from Boden. There's something about British clothing that really sets off pearls.

That suggestion is in the running for hilarity sake! I've never ordered from Boden, but I really like their clothing. I'd like to think that if I invested in a nice herringbone blazer that I'd wear it, but that wouldn't be true. It'd just sit in my closet as I grab the flannel :D

Thanks, Pareltje!

I've been so busy I havent had time to share or participate!!! But I had a moment and wore a fun little set (and had time to share!)

My petite baroque tahitians and my GSSP leather choker! <3

petite baroque tahitians and my Gold South Sea Pearl leather choker

I was thinking about "sundew, " then I was reading on wikipedia that sundew comes from the latin phrase ros rolis, which translates to "dew of the sun." I like that much better. Thanks, wiki!
Hereby, I mint this necklace, comprised of golden Pinctada maculata pearls, "Dew of the Sun."
Dew of the Sun pipi necklace - golden Pinctada maculata pearls

I was thinking about "sundew, " then I was reading on wikipedia that sundew comes from the latin phrase ros rolis, which translates to "dew of the sun." I like that much better. Thanks, wiki!
Hereby, I mint this necklace, comprised of golden Pinctada maculata pearls, "Dew of the Sun."
View attachment 48407

I love that name! Those pearls have the color of golden rays of the sun reflected by morning dew on my roses... Oh I stop here. I'm not a poet.

Back