Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Question for everyone on this thread (and WOW...now at 891 pages!):
Can we start a thread for HOW you store your vast collections of pearls. After all, how do you remember all the pearls you own? Do you have them is a display type case, or in pearl folders, or cataloged? With the extensive volume of ensembles I've seen on this thread I'm wondering how your "jewelry box" is organized. For some of you it must be more like a store!
Please share!

Question for everyone on this thread (and WOW...now at 891 pages!):
Can we start a thread for HOW you store your vast collections of pearls. After all, how do you remember all the pearls you own? Do you have them is a display type case, or in pearl folders, or cataloged? With the extensive volume of ensembles I've seen on this thread I'm wondering how your "jewelry box" is organized. For some of you it must be more like a store!
Please share!
That's a great idea, MotherOfPearlTrumpet. I definitely need to re-evaluate my jewelry storage, especially my pearls. I've outgrown what I have & need new ideas. I do forget what I have. I would love to know how Jeg stores her magnificent pearls.

I think that is a Great idea from @MotherOfPearlTrumpet
Would be great to see how y'all (trying my best Texan accent there :LOL:) store and take care of your extensive pearl collections.

Oh boy… so sorry to disappoint but my method of storage has graduated from shoe boxes to Rubbermaid. I am currently in the process of changing out anything stored in the colorful silk pouches to cotton/muslin bags. I’ve always been worried about the silk pouches but just haven’t gotten around to replacing all of them. I haven’t had any problems with them, but I know if they experience any kind of moisture, the color will bleed and definitely will bleed onto the pearls and stain them.

Wearing Fiji pearls from Cees with earrings I made with jade slices from locally sourced jade.
91693325-1F59-4724-BB3E-6840B32A54A5.jpeg
49412942-05BA-464B-969F-B6C9763A6C0A.jpeg

Gorgeous white south seas, @86Corvettegirl ! And I love your beautiful Fiji pearls, @jeg - the earrings your made are lovely, as well, wow.

Wearing a Vietnamese blue akoya necklace today from Pearlescence.
View attachment 463269 View attachment 463271
Oh boy… so sorry to disappoint but my method of storage has graduated from shoe boxes to Rubbermaid. I am currently in the process of changing out anything stored in the colorful silk pouches to cotton/muslin bags. I’ve always been worried about the silk pouches but just haven’t gotten around to replacing all of them. I haven’t had any problems with them, but I know if they experience any kind of moisture, the color will bleed and definitely will bleed onto the pearls and stain them.

Wearing Fiji pearls from Cees with earrings I made with jade slices from locally sourced jade.
View attachment 463267View attachment 463268
Gorgeous, Jeg. I love Fiji's.
I have outgrown the stacking boxes I keep my pearls in. I keep some of them in individual pearl boxes & envelopes but I really need to find a better way to organize & store them. I'm running out of space.

Thanks, SurfinSci. Your blues are beautiful on you. Great luster.

These sorts of jewelry rolls work well for pearls.

We had someone on our team a few years back who made them in her spare time. Hisano still keeps most of her pieces in them.

Gorgeous white south seas, @86Corvettegirl ! And I love your beautiful Fiji pearls, @jeg - the earrings your made are lovely, as well, wow.

Wearing a Vietnamese blue akoya necklace today from Pearlescence.
View attachment 463269 View attachment 463271
I just love blue akoya colors! They really morph with whatever you're wearing. This strand is a really nice assortment of purple/lavender overtones. Love it with your skin tone and the robin's egg blue shirt.

Always a pleasure to stop by here! So many beauties since I last posted!

@Purranha I always gasp when I see a picture of yours! Such beautiful and versatile pieces, I can never choose which one I love the most!
@SurfnSci Oh the Pearlescence Vietnamese blues...So dreamy!
@jeg Those PP vault pictures..they made me think that “Pearl Paradise“ is truly such a fitting name...I am happy to see your SoC pearls again, magical magical magical! And funny your beaded T necklace from your last post must have been an inspiration for mine, I have just finished it;-) using CMW baroques and spinel and garnet beads. I also have some pics of my T circle from @Katbran and a new circle ring ( pearl is from Julia of Etsy’s Oceanrhyme, the ring finding is from PP. It is still cold here and I dont wear pearls as often as in warmer months, I miss the feel of pearls on my skin I realize...The last new piece is a CMW “royal luster pearl” with apatite and pyrite beads.
815C003C-7F21-40A9-9E3D-F682A2121502.jpeg
6E942B40-7C07-49B1-A64A-DF4DEF25C0EC.jpeg
E757E932-9553-4741-B12A-0E6E9434D277.jpeg
94FA84B5-EC18-49F1-9240-E629CF78BC1E.jpeg
478FE7B3-E10B-4FA6-AE25-DE47EDF2A393.jpeg

Attachments

• 4940A8F5-8BBB-4C38-87EC-0FF6573DA0A5.jpeg
    4940A8F5-8BBB-4C38-87EC-0FF6573DA0A5.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 41
Thank you, Jeremy (that lime green keshi…:love:) and eolian! Eolian, all your new pieces are wonderful. I love that ring. The rings around the pearl are perfectly placed for that ring. And your new spinel and garnet strand… so colorful and fun! What a nice job you did on that. While we’re on the beaded trend, I’ll post pics of another beaded strand I made-

Posting pics from last summer of a strand I made for a pearl friend. Zircon beads and pearls from Collins Pearls.
69FF804B-481C-42FA-A47A-0C5F8E314BA7.jpeg
6B3D4317-33C7-4237-BE7B-ECCC59A76E71.jpeg
D258B068-0E8D-431D-9C08-59CB887F5AC2.jpeg
88431B7A-D59B-4595-AA13-13FCB57CB36C.jpeg

Thank you, Jeremy (that lime green keshi…:love:) and eolian! Eolian, all your new pieces are wonderful. I love that ring. The rings around the pearl are perfectly placed for that ring. And your new spinel and garnet strand… so colorful and fun! What a nice job you did on that. While we’re on the beaded trend, I’ll post pics of another beaded strand I made-

Posting pics from last summer of a strand I made for a pearl friend. Zircon beads and pearls from Collins Pearls.
View attachment 463300View attachment 463301View attachment 463302View attachment 463303
I love all the colors, Jeg. A great necklace for Spring & Summer.

I recently converted a blue baroque akoya strand from a 3-strand to a 2-strand and used the strand I removed to make a similar necklace. Love the little sparkly beads in between. I love the Swarovski crystals, so sad they are no longer making these crystal beads.
View attachment 463306
How beautiful. What a gorgeous suite with with earrings, bracelet, & 2 different styles of necklaces. Great job.

Thank you @jeg! I am really happy with that ring! And as for the spinel rope I was considering different ootions for those colorful circles...first a bracelet, then a choker and at the end I decided to use up all the spinel I had and luckily the beads were exactly right for the necklace :)

I love your colorful Collins beads tin cup for your friend! Amazing colors of the pearls! That’s why I love Tahitians so...such colorful eye-candy!!! This necklace reminded me a bit of one I have, a summer piece with FW keshis and 8mm Ts and one blue akoya. I call it “Constellations” and love to play with it! I have just set a pair of CMW Ts on delicate WG earring finding to wear together with it.

@MotherOfPearlTrumpet Beatiful beautiful blues and such pretty sparkly clasp as well!!!

D7A0B056-B3D3-4E8F-9BD4-B1799998A4D8.jpeg

3237A4DD-58C4-4909-8707-17D5E807B066.jpeg

Oh sweeeet Lord! Just dropped by and I now have to find enough tissue to clean up the drool from all those beautiful, colorful and amazing pieces of pearl jewlery! :love::love::love::love::love::love:

Back