Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you everyone! Cathy, for the longest time I was convinced the thread should strive to be invisible on the strand and then some of Kojimas bold thread necklaces totally changed my mind. Fiesta is really fun and eventhough I dont really have or wear white pearls I am thinking about getting some just to use this thread with them;-)

Jeg your wave akoyas are amazing!!! And your sunrise pic...Absolutely beautiful!

Charlotta I love your new bracelets! So pretty! Seeing jeg’s wave strand I remebered yours with white and golden pearls, do you still have it or was it transformed into some other of your creations? It was one of my favorites...

Lovely bracelets, Charlotta!

Eolian, ooh yes, our dear Sarah/Kojima can change our minds so easily with just a flash of genius :)

Thank you CathyKeshi and eolian pearls. Fear not eolian pearls. The two wavestrands with golden south sea pearls as well as the one with teal tahitians remain unchanged. I love those three strands. There is a shorter wavestrand and a longer on that I made with smallish around 8mm deep golden south sea pearls from Cees and a double vintage akoya strand.
_20211010_095045.JPG
_20211010_094621.JPG
_20211010_094831.JPG
Then my favorite is this one that I made out of teal tahitians from cmw pearls and another vintage double strand of akoyas. Many of those akoyas were damaged, the rest of them had great luster though. This one is a cameleon, sometimes green and sometimes blue, so I have decided to call it teal.
_20211010_095349.JPG
_20211010_095139.JPG
I must wear them soon I think.

I've NEVER been so happy for an iPad to NOT be instock ;) Thank you for the beauty, Jeg!

I agree...and iPad just doesn't wear this good! ;)

Last edited:
Thank you, Charlotta, Cathy, SurfnSci, Marianne, eolian, and Douglas! Yes, pearls are so much more fun, but I’ll still need to look for that iPad at some point. Charlotta, I am glad your wave strands have survived the cut. I like them just the way they are!

A pineapple smoothie for breakfast this morning.:yumyum: And, the only other pair of earrings I brought with me. I pretty much wore my Tahitian posts from Kojima everyday, but I did wear these seashell dangles I made a few times.
7EE49EC3-3560-42EC-8F0F-86A07603CC0E.jpeg
0DC94334-BFA8-46A9-9B0C-D0AF73889E3A.jpeg

Great to see you are enjoying Hawaii and with pearls galore jeg
Will you be heading out to catch a whale-watching tour? If so: please send a pic!

Something new to swoon over besides pearls and shave ice ... pineapple smoothies ... oooh!

Charlotta2.0 So happy to see your wave strands!!!! They are SOOO beautiful!!!!

jeg I am dreaming of pineapple smoothies now!!! ....your shell earrings are dreamy as well!

Cold autumn weather here, so cashmire and pearls time for me ;-)
D2AADAE4-DD15-4084-B346-D6DBD41964E3.jpeg

Pearls and Cashmire...Pinneaple and Pearls!
Notice how pearls just look great with anything ;)

My pleasure eolian pearls. While there are occational heatwaves during the summer here, mostly it's cashmere weather all year around, at least at nighttime. Very pretty floating pearl. It's great with that scarf.

Charlotta2.0 Your golden wave strands take my breath away every time!!!
eolian pearls ​​I love your cashmere styling and of course that gorgeous floating pearl :love:
jeg ​Lovely earrings! I will be dreaming of that pineapple smoothie until I can make it back to Hawaii!

Thanks Douglas, Cathy, eolian and SurfnSci! No whale watching pics for this trip Douglas. It’s a little early for the best whale watching. We took a Zodiac out in February, on Maui, several years back, and they were everywhere. Really, you could see them anywhere from the shore splashing around, and if you just stuck your head underwater you could hear them. My favorite sea creatures are the Hawaiian spinner dolphins. A lifetime memory was when we snorkeled from shore and huge pods of spinner dolphins were playing in the bay. They swam all around us, so close that I could see their eyes moving all around.

Eolian, I really love those colors together! That scarf is such a cheery color and a great pearl color as well!

Ahhh, yes, pineapple smoothies... I am still dreaming of them myself... I’m back home, but haven’t let go of wearing my seashell and florals. An Edison pendant set with Hisano’s rose gold bail, that was a special request to Jeremy on one of their HK shopping trips, a textured mix metal flower link necklace from a trip to Paris several years ago, and rose gold with pink sapphire and diamond flower earrings from Hawaii.
AE778CC5-B5D9-4B86-95A6-EEF31268CDE0.jpeg
927305C1-2142-48B0-B95F-CF7595475A31.jpeg

It's been grey, dreary and a sudden COLD snap here in PA; what a delight to come to Pearl Guide and find such beauty, color and friends!
Jeg, those earrings are very lovely, a real standout pair of studs ... and the flowers oooh!
RED, waving "Hi" and from Walter too (who fell off Ban Island tonight snicker).

Thank You all!

Hi Cathy - Okay, I really did laugh out loud at the news that Walter fell off of Ban Island. Waving "hi" to Walter!

Looking forward to photos.

Jeg ... the EARRINGS!!! Oh yes, with those pieces, darling :) Congratulations!!!

Red ... photos will have to wait, he's claimed his prize till Christmas ;)

Thank you CathyKeshi! Charlotta I’m looking forward to see your macrame creation.

eolian pearls The fiesta thread really give the keshi a new look. They are a wonderful combination:love: Black Friday sale is just around the the corner. Then there will be Christmas sale. Just saying…:wink1:

jeg your romantic Edison and flower set is insanely beautiful! Like the ‘my closet tours’ on YouTube, I’d absolutely love to see your jewellery closet tour. Up close in a video:notworthy:​​​​​​​

What great memories of Hawaii and your encounters with Nature jeg !
I love dolphins and whales...did I ever tell the story when I was inside one? Not like Jonah, the Prophet, but in a more...biology student situation (quite gross). For us, whale watching season is about to commence!
BTW: Beautiful Metallic Edison! What a find!

jeg What gorgeous pieces! That Edison's color is fantastic, and oh my gosh, your Parisian metal flower necklace is beautiful! I love the combo with those earrings.

I've been wanting to try to make an endless ombre strand, and finally finished an attempt with some multicolor Edisons from PP that I'm wearing to run errands today. Nothing like pearls and grocery shopping, haha.
20211106_151834 (1).jpg
20211112_132434.jpg
20211112_132554.jpg

Beautiful Edison necklace SurfnSci :D
And I love how versatile it looks!

Back