Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thanks Marianne :)
Charlotta, that rope is just magnificent. Perfect size and length, as well as glorious colours and luster. Did you use the navy Beaders’ Secret to string it?
My blue pendant is very humble next to such a rope, but it is just what I wanted and I’m so happy with it. I got it from Eric at Tahitianpearldesigner on Etsy, who I think you have also purchased from? His pearls are always so colourful - I have a few things from him that I’m very happy with.

PS I love the idea of a thread of bad purchases - I might start digging through my old and neglected pieces and taking some pictures. They can at least be useful as a cautionary tale about what not to buy.

BWeaves, you look so summery and colorful. Yikes 90 degrees! That’s hot.:cool:

Syd, I love your pendant and choker combination. The pendant is really pretty and looks great with that bail, too! Pendants are my “go to” pearls.

Charlotta, that is a smashing new dream strand. Enjoy wearing that beautiful new piece!

I will look forward to seeing the strand of cast off pearls from both of you!;) I think it might make for a very interesting strand!

Thank you SydK and Jeg. SydK, it's so funny that you did buy that beautiful pendant from TahitiPearldesigner. I was wondering if it's was from them since I thought I recognized the finding. They have so nice findings, not flimsy at all, more sturdy looking and I like that in findings. I have a pair of champagne south sea studs and a floating tahitian pearl on a chain from them. Yes I did use navy. I use that on my multicolor rikiteas as well. I love that color.

This pearl cascade was one of many things I tried on during my visit to the Kojima Studio last month. I liked the way it fit and couldn’t resist.

DFEE8948-9195-4447-8BF5-A96E4A78C32C.jpg

The white pearl chain is from my visit to the studio last year, and the pendant is a silver blue SS Myanmar pearl from Druzy.
4829A290-F7CB-4082-90AC-60213D65A30C.jpeg

Pipe burst in my wall behind the water heater and flooded my dining room and garage. Grrr. It's really cutting into my pearl budget.

Running around yesterday to find new flooring. Kojima freshwater keshis, long ombre rope, 26" tin-cup and matching earrings.

fullsizeoutput_cdb.jpg

Waiting for the drywall contractor this morning, then off to work. Natural white Hanadama rope from PP. Keshi from Kojima. Reborn pearl choker and earrings from a store in Mt. Dora.

fullsizeoutput_cdd.jpg

fullsizeoutput_cdf.jpg

Lily pad ring from Kojima.

fullsizeoutput_ce1.jpg

Mom's akyoa ring and freshwater bracelet.

fullsizeoutput_ce2.jpg

jeg, I love the long strand of weensy pearls with the blue pendant! A fave combo! I have a short (19"?) seed pearl strand that I wear with a lovely blue pearl. :rolleyes: The bubble strands are great, too!

BWeaves—drats! That's so disappointing when bills take over fun-funds! In the meantime, your daily combos look lovey! You look relaxed in them. :)

Thank you Katbran.
Bweaves, the freshwater keshi and rope looks gorgeous together. So colorful and lustrous. I'm so sorry about your pipes. It's so expensive when you can't fix it yourself. Not-husband is really handy that way. He can fix most stuff in houses and also most problem with my car. I'm rather spoiled when I think about it, though he can't cook. Food was terrible when I had pneumonia a couple of years ago, really terrible. I'm sorry about your pearlfunds, the insurance doesn't cover the damage?

BWeaves, what a horrible thing to be dealing with water damage. :eek: You dealt with it in style, though. I especially love those keshi strands!

I spent several days in the “bubbly” necklace (love that name Katbran, so I am going to use it!). Forced myself to change it up.

Champagne golden SS strand from PP. Large golden SS pendant from Kojima.
532C5FE0-2A88-40DC-8781-9EBC570B1D49.jpg

66589E95-94E8-4E60-B364-EE07AC351681.jpg

Sea of Cortez necklace from Kojima.
8D6A1A02-83C8-4AAE-8A2E-FAFC939D6EA8.jpg

2150A5A3-C979-4C48-8DE5-D3D8FE9340E6.jpg

E67D8582-4D77-417D-99C5-4E0AA77B75D0.jpg

Love that SoC necklace, JEG!

I have a high deductible on my insurance, so I'll have a large out of pocket expense before the insurance kicks in. And I probably need to replumb the house to make sure it doesn't happen again, but I may try to put that off.

Meanwhile I'm admiring my Hanadamas up close (as you do when you're waiting on hold for the insurance agent), and noticing that they are rather cruddy near the drill holes. They need a good bath, and probably a restring. But the restring will have to wait until my dining room table is back in my dining room.....

Beautiful champagne south sea strand and that sea of cortez tincup is really special Jeg. Lovely outfits as well.

jeg, I love the big golden pendant—and the coral coloured rope really pops on you! It's beautiful with the strand!

BWeaves, I laughed out loud at your admiring the Hanadamas while on hold. So hilarious! I do that, too! ;) In the sunshine at stoplights is when I tend to admire sparklies (rings) the most. :rolleyes:

Back